Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2010, 02:18 PM
These forums are super tame man. Seriously. I remember in the early *** days, you could post something like: "How do I get to X?" and ten people would tell you your mother was promiscuous, and they hope you die. It was hilarious, zero moderation for a long time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord.Funk
Not talking about mere insluts Im talking about starting to talk about "beating You to death with my cricket bat" and "You wont get a chance to get near me with my Glock".

If You dont see that that is way over the line I guess I cant make it clearer.
They're just words...they have no value more than you give them. No one should ever feel that text on a computer screen is more than just that - its bits and bytes supplied by non-beings to other non-beings in an exchange of textual intercourse and electron transmissions. Thinking otherwise is useless.
Lt. Commander
# 13
Am I the only one who cant help themselves when they see a thread called 'grow up' posted by someone called 'lord funk'?

Just me? Irony? Lots?
Lt. Commander
# 14
If it was Uncle then it was in jest... ive read alot of his posts and his humour is at best inappropriate

and glock? get a real gun not those spudguns
Lt. Commander
# 15 Usually Banned
02-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
While I agree with you I dont know why you made a new thread and didnt just post your response to all the garbage you were reading there.

And this is an internet gaming forum. For a video game. Have you played any mmorpgs before? I mean......it attracts ALL SORTS of people. Some of them are the coolest people you'll ever talk to. Some of them are the absolute scum of the earth. And just about everything in between. And the forum for those mmorpgs are the same way.

I myself am 28, and as I get older I see the people in the world and Im not really thrilled. As a young child I thought grown ups would generally be decent, and intelligent, and I would see that as a man. Now that Im a grown man, all I see around me are children. Loud mouthed, obnoxious, people who do things even little kids wouldnt DREAM of doing.

So go figure.
Yes I have played MMO RPG's since 1997 and RPG's alot longer back in the days of Pen and paper and dices.

Yes I have seen all sorts on Forums before but they are usually banned and stopped before it degrades into the state it has here.

Like I said I dont even flee Political or religious discussions but the manner stuff are discussed in here si simply way over the line.

Yes I did post in that thread too.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-18-2010, 02:19 PM
If you look now, that thread has become a discussion on which form of alcohol leads to alcoholism faster.

That thread was useless from the start. It devolved into total chaos, which was, in fact, the only place it could have gone.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord.Funk
I usually have alot of humor. I many times just post small quick remarks, sometimes long threads.

I have no issue with naming or wanting to be a naming police, infact I've spoken up to it.

However this hole situation in this Forum should stop.

I have just read a thread degrading into. Overthrowing government s with guns, then to "beating them to death with a cricket bat" and replies like "You wont even get near me with my Glock" etc.

I wont even link to it as it is simply too childish.

Seriously people, get a grip. You need to GROW UP (not all, some).

Do You really have that much inferiority complex You need to prove Yourselves with post like that ???

This is a Forum for a game. In fact Star Trek. One of the earliest shows to go beyond the rasism and politics we have here on Earth. You could have a high position on a Starfllet no matter if You were Russian (it was made during the cold war), Afro American, Asian, male or Female etc.

In fact I dont even mind political or religious discussions either as long as it's done in mature and orderly fashion and most importantly with respect of each others different opinions. As they say "Agree to disagree".

I don't care if You like or dislike this game. Just respect that others do or don't. No need to constantly flag your opinions and bash or bully anyone that don't agree. Make a joke about it instead to balance it if You feel You must, hopefully less harmful.

These Forums need some seriously strong moderation atm. It has turned into Anarchy of the worst sort.

Wouldn't suprise from what I've seen lately if someoen now will flame and threaten to beat me too for making this post or even threaten me in-game or stalk me.

It has turned so bloody childish and imature that my 5 year old has more common sence.

Seriously take a step back, Inhale, exhale, wax on, wax off and think before posting. Geeez !!!
tldr

would you like some cheese with your wine?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Even I bailed from that thread and I can generally be polite in any thread lol.
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
If you look now, that thread has become a discussion on which form of alcohol leads to alcoholism faster.

That thread was useless from the start. It devolved into total chaos, which was, in fact, the only place it could have gone.
Entropy?

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
As the participant responsible for the Glock comment, let me just say that I was conversing in fun with someone who was most likely trolling. As it was happening, it didn't seem at all like anyone was being threatened or taking it very seriously.

Maybe I was seeing it wrong. I do have a tendency to read humor into almost everything.
i was reading the thread, i never took it serious. its just a sign that people are having mroe fun trolling the forum than playing the game atm. Probably why these forums are getting subjectively worse and worse.