Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Dear Cryptic,

I would like to point out that we do have an issue with groups in the ground and space combat of being outnumbered as high as 5 to 1. While I recognize reducing times for the accept queue prompts will introduce other issues. I have several proposals to solve the issue, I'll list the the one I think is the best first.

1) (Best Solution) Temporary buff that scales or decreases based on the number of persons on each team. For example; In a 5 vs 1 situation, the team with one player gets a buff that boosts his or her shields significantly and the damage by a small fraction. When another person joins the team this buff reduces until the team is full and at which point it is 0. And if the situation reverses, and then the other team gets the buff until he teams are even again.

2) Reduce queue accept prompt times - However doing this will result in more persons missing the accept queue prompt, due to its top of the screen location which most people are not looking directly at.

3) Fix the Rearrange HUD option so that it allows you to save the position of the queue accept prompt, as this defaults and remains in the default position no matter where you move it.

4) Introduce a sound alarm when the queue prompt first comes up alerting people and directing their attention to the prompt.

Sincerely,
STO Fan

P.S. Now I open this up to discussion and thoughts in a civil manner..

Tickets submitted as per Cryptic's Request relating to this post:

Ticket#
648,597 - Profanity filter false positive on this post on ticket system.
648,702 - Place buff on player teams with less people then the other team.
648,716 - Reduce Accept prompt queue times.
648,728 - Fix accept queue prompt.
648,733 - PPV Map Ready Sound Alarm for PVP Accept queue prompt.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 11:19 AM
I think being alone vs. five people would acctually be preferable to fighting 5v5 if you got five times your regular shield and a damage buff...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
Dear Cryptic,

I would like to point out that we do have an issue with groups in the ground and space combat of being outnumbered as high as 5 to 1. While I recognize reducing times for the accept queue prompts will introduce other issues. I have several proposals to solve the issue, I'll list the the one I think is the best first.

1) (Best Solution) Temporary buff that scales or decreases based on the the number of persons on each team. For example; In a 5 vs 1 situation, the team with one player gets a buff that boosts his or her shields significantly and the damage by a small fraction. When another person joins the team this buff reduces until the team is full and at which point it is 0. And if the situation reverses then the other team gets the buff until he teams are even again.

2) Reduce queue accept prompt times - However doing this will result in more persons missing the accept queue prompt, due to its top of the screen location which most people are not looking directly at.

3) Fix the Rearrange HUD option so that it allows you to save the position of the queue accept prompt, as this defaults and remains in the default position no matter where you move it.

4) Introduce a sound alarm when the queue prompt first comes up alerting people and directing their attention to the prompt.

Sincerely,
STO Fan

P.S. Now I open this up to discussion and thoughts in a civil manner..

Tickets submitted as per Cryptic's Request
Heh.. too bad the 5v1 is only a problem for feds. Klings just cloak up and refuse to fight till reinforcements arrive.

It's a double standard I'm not happy about. I have no problem waiting for Kling reinforcements to make it a good fight. Both sides are wasting their time. I want a good game. But after so long, I'll leave as a fed, or uncloak and suicide on the klings.

One problem is that you don't leave your other queues when you join a match. They stay on, and most expire when you're in a match. Which leaves the other queue SoL cause they lost a guy, and you kept the queue open for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 12:18 PM
At the very minimum, STO needs to do what every other shooter does which is to delay match start until both teams are populated, and to ban players for 15 minutes who drop match or idle.

The lack of equity in start is creating a performance disparity due to game mechanics as well. If both teams come in at the same time, it's fair. If feds start first, the few KDF on map will cloak. If KDF start first, the few feds on map get farmed for points until more feds show up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
At the very minimum, STO needs to do what every other shooter does which is to delay match start until both teams are populated, and to ban players for 15 minutes who drop match or idle.

The lack of equity in start is creating a performance disparity due to game mechanics as well. If both teams come in at the same time, it's fair. If feds start first, the few KDF on map will cloak. If KDF start first, the few feds on map get farmed for points until more feds show up.
Good point.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 03:06 PM
we dont need to stinking scaling and buffing...just allow us to select from our BOs as hold overs until more players come...I mean come on, whats the point of the "request reinforements" tab under the team stat column?

If Im 2 vs 5, allow 3 BOs to beam down, replace them as new team mates enter the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
we dont need to stinking scaling and buffing...just allow us to select from our BOs as hold overs until more players come...I mean come on, whats the point of the "request reinforements" tab under the team stat column?

If Im 2 vs 5, allow 3 BOs to beam down, replace them as new team mates enter the game.
I think what you propose is not a solution and is feasible. That is only for PVE situations.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Now see, I think haveing BO NPCs round out teams would be a great idea. Unlike some teams I have seen, they would at least stick close. Of course, that is not a solution for space combat, but I really think it could work in ground combat. And it would give BOs more usability and more face time. I really like my BOs.

Thanks,
Duncan
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2010, 10:07 AM
well normally it should not allow you to spawn with 5vs1 so instead of focusing on buffing or whatever. They should focus on getting rid of that issue all together so that the teams spawn evenly, thus 5vs5 as it should be.

Also more than often enough in ground and space pvp. You will get the join message. You click it and when you load in the game has already started and other players had already loaded in before you. As a result you can get swarmed by the enemy. There should be a small start delay so that no one can move or do anything with their character itself until all the players are in the game and the teams are evenly balanced.

The respawns in PvP are also a real pain since in ground pvp you can often spawn entirely separate from everyone else in your team. Then after you die you spawn somewhere alone which can be annoying on ground pvp as I have noticed not enough players use their minimap properly and as a result wont see you behind them being swarmed by the full enemy team or at times you can spawn right by the full enemy team and basically just give them a free kill.

Ground pvp also needs some big solutions in terms of balancing to improve the fun of it, but I guess that would be for a different thread somewhere here
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2010, 10:19 AM
My god - cloaking issues happen so rarely... I look at pvp as my only way to level, so if the good fight can't be had, then at least fight the fight you have. I have done multiple 5 vs. 1 as a Klingon, and I am even more proud of the kills I have gained in outnumbered situations. I agree there are some roleplaying griefers that find an excuse for hiding under cloak to "give them honor" but the best fights are when you can claim victory in a battle that is not in your favor.