Lt. Commander
# 1 Please try to proof yourself.
02-18-2010, 04:01 PM
As of the announcement today:

Website Update
We will be performing an update to the Star Trek Online Website and Launcher at 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. PST (GMT-8) this afternoon. During this time, players may experience difficulties logging in to Champions Online. Players currently in-game will not be affected by this maintenance. Thank you, The Champions Online Team

As a software engineer myself, I cannot believe the number of bugs in this game and even things so blatent as the type I just pointed out. I really have fun playing this game. I will be patient enough to wait for the game to get sorted out, but I cannot recall the last time I worked for a software company that would tolerate stuff like this and the game is full of it. There is no lack of skill behind this software, but where are the veteran developers and the management oversight? I love this game, but I have already conceded that I will be playing it without any of my friends, since these things appear much worse to people who don't understand what is actually happening. I thought WoW taught the mmo world at least that polish was important, not that I am a WoW fan, but their game is much more polished. Please.... stop updating so much and really fix things when you do an update. Go through proper testing methodology. If you keep this rate of untested production up, you will eventually bury any chance of cleaning this up.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Well said