Lt. Commander
# 1 Reassurance (Dev Please Read)
02-18-2010, 04:21 PM
To ADD lol No Dev post on complaints DEV post on the FUTURE of STO! lol =p i really didnt mean all the hate threads im honestly talking about where is STO heading in the future ! i mean even on patches there is not up to date Comments on the launcher!

Ok here goes nothing....

I think we are all looking for some sort of Dev response to all the Hate threads. Lets be honest if we all didnt like the game or want it to be better we wouldnt bother posting on the forums.

I have searched old post from devs watch just about every interview you name it of promises that SEEM as of now are not kept

I think if the Devs want people to continue to Subscribe We just want a post that says HEY listen up guys we are working on this we may not have a Def date but its in progress followed By a huge list of upcoming patches.

It seems that devs post and make jokes but no time to tell us about the plans of the future of STO

I find myself Trolling the Forums looking for answers but i just find more questions. Rather than logging into the game because quite frankly i have nothing to do in the game..

Could a DEV please post here of future plans or at least stir up some excitement so we have something to subscribe for? the way i see it now im paying monthly to post on the forums...

I guess what everyone needs here is just some reassurance that the game will progress and not die out like some others FOR example Vanguard... damn good game, damn bad management.

I for one just want to hear from the creators that stuff is on the way. Not hearsay or a post from 5 months ago or an interview that promises things 4 months ago that still isnt in the game today...

I hope you all agree with me. The potential of this game here is Amazing. The problem is its hard to tell if anyone is listening.

If i were to get a response here about Possible furture updates i will not cancel my sub if not then im going to have to quit and start using the forums for free.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 04:24 PM
An end all Dev post addressing the 'usual suspects' (top complaints) would be amazing,,,

Unfortunately, that's how it always works... the experts don't want to say anything for fear of their words getting twisted around and liability; on the other end... the dumbasses don't shut up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 04:28 PM
I don't think you speak for that many of us. For my part, I have no interest in seeing the Devs answer the various hate threads. It'd be a total waste of their time for them to respond to them, since they're largely just incoherent raging.

Even legitimate, constructive feed-back does (and should) often go apparently unanswered, because the same issue was already raised and responded to (and is seven pages back on the forums).

STO has some problems to be sure. But one of the biggest is the attitude of this community.

My hope is that after the initial wave of 30-day expirations, the forums will become a slightly more civilized place. And that the speed of the forums will slow down to the point of moderate sanity.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 04:28 PM
*coughcough*

they may or may not be a link to a player-created post with links to where alot of the common questions are answered by the devs.

thats all i can say

>_>
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig
I don't think you speak for that many of us. For my part, I have no interest in seeing the Devs answer the various hate threads. It'd be a total waste of their time for them to respond to them, since they're largely just incoherent raging.

Even legitimate, constructive feed-back does (and should) often go apparently unanswered, because the same issue was already raised and responded to (and is seven pages back on the forums).

STO has some problems to be sure. But one of the biggest is the attitude of this community.

My hope is that after the initial wave of 30-day expirations, the forums will become a slightly more civilized place. And that the speed of the forums will slow down to the point of moderate sanity.
I may have miss worded not so much the hate threads but more or less the threads that are im quitting becuase i have nothing to do. And can you blame them for quitting those people and I included just want some light at the end of the tunnel thats all.

I want to hear some up to date facts
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingi
*coughcough*

they may or may not be a link to a player-created post with links to where alot of the common questions are answered by the devs.

thats all i can say

>_>
Ya i saw that now i dont know if its me but most of the post are broken For example the one i really care about Klingon Content.. The link from that post just doesnt work for me
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig

I totaly agree with this statement.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdizz81 View Post
Ya i saw that now i dont know if its me but most of the post are broken For example the one i really care about Klingon Content.. The link from that post just doesnt work for me
drop a note in there for the OP and let him know i'm just one of the shameless fans of the idea of collecting that info into one place, not the guy who's sorting it out (thankfully!)

i think he checks it most days, and if the links are broken i suspect he'll wanna get them fixed
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2010, 04:39 PM
If the devs posted on the big issues then complaints would simply change from "what" to "when" and "how". And people who don't pay attention will still complain about the "what".

So if I had to choose between people complaining about the "what" and those complaining about the "what", "when", and "how".... I prefer the former.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMerc
I totaly agree with this statement.
I do too But read my reply to it.

I should have been more clear was honestly talking about /quit threads due to content.

One thing about that statement is though and its a harsh truth even if you dont want those people around unfortunetly they do generate money and money is what is needed to make this game successful.