Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
All to often one side will be short players and the folliwing seems to occur

If we are in Space and the Klingons are short they stay cloaked until the battle balances out (or go afk), if its feds then they will either just not respawn and go afk (not always but I have seen it happen a lot).

On the ground I have seen players out numbered just decide to go afk and force the other team to leave or wait forever (longest I have waited personally was 35 mins before I got really bored)

Adding a 30 minute Timer would really help to solve these issues, there is nothing worse than waiting in a Queue for 2 hours to get into a Arena and find its 5vs1 and the 1 is afk (I have been on the other side of a 5vs1 and I just kept respawning to allow the Klingons to get the match over with).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-18-2010, 02:18 PM
I agree sometimes its 5 vs 1 and I cant blame the guy for not respawning but then I have to quit or camp the spawn point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-18-2010, 02:41 PM
No, you can not.


S*D
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-18-2010, 05:11 PM
bump ....this is an issue that needs to be FIXED asap....i wont even queue for ground battles because there is 1. 2 hour wait to get queue'd 2. usually 5 of one team and 1 of the other who just goes afk and boom a never ending match. this could be solved with a timer. those who waited for the queue and got in can get something out of there wasted time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtftintin View Post
bump ....this is an issue that needs to be FIXED asap....i wont even queue for ground battles because there is 1. 2 hour wait to get queue'd 2. usually 5 of one team and 1 of the other who just goes afk and boom a never ending match. this could be solved with a timer. those who waited for the queue and got in can get something out of there wasted time.
IT would not be solved by a timer. Thanks for thinking it would though your lack of understanding the box doesn't allow you to think outside it.

The time is only 'wasted' in your view because you couldn't immediately charge to your death....

or have the other side forced to do the same...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-18-2010, 05:22 PM
i tend to agree with the op that there needs to be some sort of limit imposed on delays and such.

if you just impose a blanket time limit, some would come out of cloak get a couple of kills to get their side up, then spend the rest of the game in cloak. maybe some sort of limit on inactivity or damage or something
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-18-2010, 07:17 PM
T5 certainly needs no time limit. Probably most people who play T5 do so to have a good game. They won't take lightly to a time limit (even Feds). I don't suggest a time limit, I suggest that queues be fixed to drop off 5 players vs 5 players properly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-18-2010, 07:25 PM
You can help fix this, everyone can. Just be sure to leave the queues that don't pop when you get one that does. It will help limit the number of games that start with limited people, at least in theory.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrishmal View Post
You can help fix this, everyone can. Just be sure to leave the queues that don't pop when you get one that does. It will help limit the number of games that start with limited people, at least in theory.
Aww crikey, is that what is happening? Okay. I will pop out of all other queues before I enter a match. That should be fixed pronto anyway.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-18-2010, 07:31 PM
A time limit would be a half baked fix for another problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Lloyd
I suggest that queues be fixed to drop off 5 players vs 5 players properly.
This is your real solution. After that's fixed then we can see if we still need a time limit.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:17 PM.