Lt. Commander
# 131
12-09-2008, 08:40 PM
What can I say... /sigh
Lt. Commander
# 132
12-09-2008, 08:46 PM
As long as Cryptic is left alone and given free reign to see their vision for the game through, I'm not too concerned about this. They're the ST fans, after all. Now if Atari/Infogrames starts meddling and saying change this, change that, more guns, who wants a science vessel for non-combative gaming, get rid of it, more fighting, make it more like WoW, that's successful... etc.. than I'd get concerned.

I'd like to think that won't happen, but I've seen publishers sticking their hands into things too many times in the past. Oh well, it could be a lot worse. It could have been EA.
Lt. Commander
# 133
12-09-2008, 08:59 PM
damm that don't sound gd 2010 damm them.
Lt. Commander
# 134
12-09-2008, 09:39 PM
I just now read this and am once again doubtful of STOs future.
Lt. Commander
# 135 what dose this mean for STO
12-09-2008, 10:14 PM
ok so atarie owns criptic now. That maybe all well and good but i think we fans.who have been watching this thing from the get go has right to know.Just what this means for the games you people have been siking us for.I mean look u started some thing .You got people already forming teams for when the game lunches.So if you guys are planing for any changes.I think we deserv to know.
Lt. Commander
# 136
12-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Awen, Atari, Infogrames, and all other newcomers in the development staff: Welcome.

Resistance is inevitable.

Comments may not seem logical.

The Rules of Acquisition may not necessarily apply...

Regardless, this is a dedicated fan-base... These are dedicated gamers, fans, convention goers, writers, artists, visionaries who embody the essence of what Roddenberry envisioned and gave life to so many years ago. Our fixation immersion is in your hands. I pray you are up to the challenge. You will be confronted by those addicated to the dogma known as canon, you will be harrangued by those seeking freedom of architectural expression, you will be badgered by those seeking multi-perspective ship command, and you will be rewarded if you can provide this expectation in full without concession or willingly cutting corners.

I look forward to experiencing what this new partnership has to offer and takes us where no gamer has gone before.

I would like Icewine with my cheese, please.
Lt. Commander
# 137
12-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptEdwards View Post
damm that don't sound gd 2010 damm them.
Please...for the sake of us all PLEASE stop complaining about the release date or supposed release date...all the "Waaaah I don't want to WAIT THAT LONG" is going to give them ideas and then before you know WHAM they're gonna crack the whip over Cryptic's backside and we'll have a rushed out, buggy and unfinished game on our hands *coughs ****. No, the little kid in me would rathe have it sooner but realistically I will wait as long as it takes because I have that much respect for -

A. Star Trek

B. Cryptic's awesome vision for this game

Would you really like to wait all the time we have already only to have a ****ty game that was rushed out? Thereby having waited for nothing?

Please stop the complaining..let the dust settle and pray to GOD that all of our fears are unfounded. That is all we can do.
Lt. Commander
# 138
12-09-2008, 10:43 PM
So...

uh...

yeah...

That's all I have to say about that.
Lt. Commander
# 139
12-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the boards, Awen.
Lt. Commander
# 140
12-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
I want to let you know that this acquisition doesn't affect the design or timeline for Star Trek Online. It just means that we have the resources we need to get a good game out the door.

As a gamer, I understand the initial panic that alot of you may be feeling. I've felt it myself a few times in the past, believe me. However, I can assure you that we are heading toward the same goal that we were yesterday in terms of Star Trek Online. Things are continuing completely as they were. It's a good design and a great team. Everything is on course.
See things like this need to be posted on the main page.

I wish Cryptic wasn't so cryptic. We need to read more reassurances like this. It'll help us sleep better at night.