Lt. Commander
# 51
12-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
I see a recurring theme here. The game has not been pushed back. We are still aiming for a Fall 2009 release. I hope that this quiets your fears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorbek View Post
Very disappointing to see its not going to come out til 2010, guess its time to find another game to play for a while.
Read harder, Ensign!
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum_Swordsman View Post
Read harder, Ensign!
Lol yeah I edited it after I finally read Awen's post
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-09-2008, 01:33 PM
I just hope the game is fun. Yeah, it would be awesome if the game came out in less than a year, but the bottom line is that I (and I think we all) just want a fun Star Trek MMO. If a polished game requires a few extra months to produce, that just gives me a little bit more time to play Bridge Commander or Elite Force.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Fall 2009 is very close to 2010, and if it improves the game then a push back is ok with me. I dont want to see STO go like MxO full of promise but could done with an extra two months of beta to iron out everything.

But if their pushing for fall 2009 surely a better in the new year sometime?
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Honestly I know this isn't bad news but I'm getting tired of news that dosn't have any direct link to STO (as in gamplay info and such)... *Sigh*
Lt. Commander
I agree with the couple who haven't cried that the sky is falling. Even IF it were to be delayed a few extra months, I'd rather they take their time with this game and get it right. I've played a couple MMO's that weren't really polished when they shipped, and they ended up bombing... that's never fun.

This game has potential. If it had to be delayed all the way to 2011, I'd still be in line to buy it the day it hit the shelves... and I have a funny feeling most of the people who take the time to come to this site and forum would too.

I understand that we all want our fix, but hey, it'll get here, and until it does we can play other... less interesting... space based MMO's.
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for posting, Awen. The press release really underlines what a good deal this is for Infogrames/Atari, which is not really the perspective we're interested in. It's great to have someone in-the-know step in and let us know what's going on. Any more information you can provide about why this is a good deal for Cryptic will be appreciated.

I'm still concerned that Infogrames/Atari will pressure Cryptic into decisions that are not the best for the game, but that sort of fear can only be allayed through sound management over the long term. We'll hope that Atari takes a relatively hands-off approach when dealing with a proven success like Cryptic.

By the way, what is the correct appellation by which to refer to the new parent company? Do the folks who hand down the orders to Cryptic have "Atari" on their business cards, or is Infogrames in charge? Calling them "Infogrames/Atari" is already getting old. :p
Lt. Commander
# 58 Wait and see
12-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherp View Post
Thanks for posting, Awen. The press release really underlines what a good deal this is for Infogrames/Atari, which is not really the perspective we're interested in. It's great to have someone in-the-know step in and let us know what's going on. Any more information you can provide about why this is a good deal for Cryptic will be appreciated.
Double that. I was waiting to see the part where is said "Cryptic benifts from this by..." but I never found it.
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-09-2008, 01:53 PM
People read and realize that Cryptic has denied a 2010 pushback and reconfirmed a fall 2009 target date for release.

That's good news to me.
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-09-2008, 01:53 PM
This is nothing but bad news. Cryptic has been sold, now it's time to stick our dirty little hands in and screw up what is already working fine. Get ready for a lot of changes we wont like folks, this ride is going to suck.
The only reason there would be a delay so suddenly to STO after this aquisition, would be to screw with it.