Lt. Commander
# 31
02-19-2010, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb4707 View Post
I've been trying to pvp all week, there is never more than a few Klinks on at a time, usually only get one per instance. Did you all quit, or is there just not that many at higher lvl's?
There are plenty of high level klingons. Most of us "quit", ie we log on for daily and that's it. Right now, the game for klingons at T5 is like Quake3 deathmatch but with fewer maps - no character progress, no story, no content. It's still fun to "get your game on" for a couple of matches, but that's not enough in an MMO to keep people interested.

Frankly, every single klingon I know in T5 (not saying everyone, just the ones I know) now plays a fed character most of the time. With the anticipated Federation Vs Federation queues, the klingon game will simply be ended.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-19-2010, 04:16 AM
Enter the popular instances I get 2-3 PvP missions travelling from memory alpha to a PvE mission destination. Remember you can queue for 3 at a time. Im Commander level. I suppose if your RA then you might have a harder time as its not as quick to level a Klingon as your waiting on PvP all the time, gets a bit tedious.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-19-2010, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Yeah well. You do your other stuff and then come pvp. We pvp and then pvp some more and fly around the 2 and a half sectors we have and look at the same 8 npcs, spend some time in G-station doing the running man in congo lines, and arguing on zone chat, pvp some more and then log out and go play more MW2.

It got old a week ago.

There may be a lot of klinks coming back soon after the big fixes. We didn't get a t2 cruiser, but we got a fixed UI in away teams! Yeah baby, that is what I am talking about! <crickets>
Great, Meat you spoke out what I feel

Just one questions to the devs: Is anyone here reading this thread??? Is anybody aware of our needs here?
Man this is STAR TREK and we all love it. Don' t kill this game by not listening to the community. Make the Klingon gameplay more attractive and make PvP much more attractive and worth to play then both, Feds and Klingons will have a lot of fun playing Sto.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Not playing my Klingon until we get

- T2 Cruiser
- Joined Trill Klingons
- more content

The Fed PvE storyline is entertaining and I am mining it for items which I mail to my Klingon for future use.
The T2 ship i understand.
More content I understand.

But joined Trill klingon side? How the hell would that work? There is no way the Trill would even allow that not to mention the Kilingons would LOVE to probably rip info from a critter that lived seven or so generations with the enemy!
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-19-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneth

But joined Trill klingon side? How the hell would that work? There is no way the Trill would even allow that not to mention the Kilingons would LOVE to probably rip info from a critter that lived seven or so generations with the enemy!
Klingons serving in the Federation during a war is going on? HOW DOES THAT WORK??? Not one real Klingon would serve in the Federation if the chancellor declares war to the Feds. Remember: Worf was the ONLY Klingon ever who served as Federation officer and now suddenly we have hundreds of Worfs???
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-19-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Renak View Post
Klingons serving in the Federation during a war is going on? HOW DOES THAT WORK??? Not one real Klingon would serve in the Federation if the chancellor declares war to the Feds. Remember: Worf was the ONLY Klingon ever who served as Federation officer and now suddenly we have hundreds of Worfs???
Worf was also raised by humans so it fit for him. Klingons were allied with the federation for years and the Federation opened up membership into Starfleet for them. Also Worf revereted back to the Klingons when the war started.

However Trill are a diffrent matter entirely. I can see a normal trill prehaps doing this but not a joined one. First off its two diffrent minds, second considering the critters in their heads need to be reimplanted when the host dies you dont think there is some group that keeps track of where these guys go?
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-19-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:

You loved ignoring Jadzia Dax and her conversations with Worf and her understanding of the Empire from the time she spent there didn't you?

Lt. Commander
# 38
02-19-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Worf was also raised by humans so it fit for him. Klingons were allied with the federation for years and the Federation opened up membership into Starfleet for them. Also Worf revereted back to the Klingons when the war started.

However Trill are a diffrent matter entirely. I can see a normal trill prehaps doing this but not a joined one. First off its two diffrent minds, second considering the critters in their heads need to be reimplanted when the host dies you dont think there is some group that keeps track of where these guys go?

Dax was a great friend of the Klingon culture. Jadzia went out together with Kang, Kor and Koloth to take revenge and she did it against the orders of Sisko. Someone like the Dax Symbiont could maybe join the Empire.

Klingons: as you said: it was in times of friendship but during a war every real Klingon would leave Starfleet. That' s their nature. But let' s get btt, mate (but nice to discuss this)
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-19-2010, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Renak View Post
Dax was a great friend of the Klingon culture. Jadzia went out together with Kang, Kor and Koloth to take revenge and she did it against the orders of Sisko. Someone like the Dax Symbiont could maybe join the Empire.

Klingons: as you said: it was in times of friendship but during a war every real Klingon would leave Starfleet. That' s their nature. But let' s get btt, mate (but nice to discuss this)
Considering DS9 was not my favorite Star Trek I completly forgot about that. Its possible it might happen. As for Klingons in Starfleet it would be much the same thing wouldent it? What if they swore blood oaths? After all a Klingon who joined Starfleet to begin with probably had their reasons to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-19-2010, 05:04 AM
Klingons are hardly unified. I can imagine entire houses/worlds that might remain aligned with the Federation. Klingons seem to be modeled after some wierd mix of samurai and vikings, and those cultures certainly fought amongst themselves with glee.