Lt. Commander
# 21
02-19-2010, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalkim
To those that have not played an MMO release before - patches are constant in the first couple of months, They are already slowing down and not doing them every single day as happened right at the beginning. Every game, including WoW and EQ and Age of Conan and Warhammer and (insert MMO here) did this. They patch to the least impact. Unfortunatly, this means that Australia gets hammered, sometimes Europe, sometimes Asia (for American based MMOs, I have no idea about patch schedules on the Asia MMO front). WoW has been patching on Tuesdays (mostly every other these days) during someone's prime time for 5 years, and there's complaints about give me free time, give me in game rewards and give me a pony every single patch day, yet nothing ever changes, other than they'll give a free day if a patch takes a super extended time to your billing cycle, but is rare and sure didn't happen at first. They'll settle on a day (looks like Thursday for now), and a time eventually, but for now, just expect it will be patching, and when it's not, you aren't disappointed and you won't have to cancel for silly reasons.

To those that have played any MMO with more than a few hundred subs at release - you know better, knock it off.

To those that still won't put a cork in it - Please post vids of judge reactions to class action lawsuits, bank reactions to demands to be refunded and game designer reactions to sit ins when you don't get your way. They are comedy gold.
Well, when I've got my dev team together and the MMO up and running I intend to only have maintenance during US prime time. That's 7PM EST - 1AM PST, yes I know it's two different time zones, I fully intend payback.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-19-2010, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSWasabi
Release notes or it didn't happen!
Don't worry mate - I got your joke and it made me smile.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-19-2010, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMQue View Post
Well, when I've got my dev team together and the MMO up and running I intend to only have maintenance during US prime time. That's 7PM EST - 1AM PST, yes I know it's two different time zones, I fully intend payback.
I admit, I lol'd. That would be (for me, least) from 6pm to 3am. Oh, and don't forget to include downtime for all US holidays, as well.

(Seriously, just wanted to say that your post was awesome, imo. Kudos!)
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-19-2010, 01:51 AM
Scheduled maintenance......lets look at that for a moment.......

Scheduled......meaning arranged to do at a pre-determined date/time

Maintenance.......Regular "up-keeping" of something that requires looking after etc.

Ergo, You guys really need to get a dictionary!

or change your statement to " Oh bugger it's gone wrong bring the servers down we'll try to fix it"

If you want us to believe, Scheduled maintenance then please post a nice little list of when this is.

Or does your definition mean "When we fancy"
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-19-2010, 02:52 AM
Do hope there is a fix for Character Creation. Tried several times rerolling a alt and keep getting error message of Character Creation Failure.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-19-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Friday, 19, February from 3am PST to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.
"You are not allowed to login to the server at this time" how about fixing that as well...
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-19-2010, 02:57 AM
OK. This is really making me angry. Today I spent a fair bit of time organising with a new player to jump onto STO and I would show him around, help him with some missions and just spend the night on the bridge of my light cruiser. I get home and log on to see that once again my night of gaming has been ruined. Just plain ruined. One poster said that it affected him from 10 till 12. It affects me from 9 till 11. Basically this is a denial of service to those in this time zone. I wouldn't mind so much if it was once in a while on a rotating roster of scheduled outages spread across multiple time zones.

A little thoughtfulness for those who are supporting your product (who also pay more than the American customers too, by the way, and I'm not just talking monetary conversion rates; STO cost me AU$85 + subscription) would go a long way.

I realise its a nessesary evil for games to have downtime, but is it fair to do it to the same segment of your gaming community EVERY [edit] DAMN TIME?
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-19-2010, 03:03 AM
Maybe they fix "marks of honor" bug in B'tran cluster and currency bugs in sol and K7
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Yay 8:30pm on a Friday night again
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMQue View Post
Works for me! I'm USA but my work schedule has me play during EU prime times. More power to you! I'm behind you 100% and will buy your MMO.