Lt. Commander
# 51
02-19-2010, 03:45 AM
sure you can...but i advice you not to post it at forums or say it in a public place so people will not have worries about you. anyway my point was this is not the first game released by Cryptic Studios. But what i figure out is:

1) they only concern about a profit they will get at their first month and do not care to have lots of players keep on playing the game so they will have no worries about server status in future.

2) they release patches without testing them. every patch brings more bugs then fixed ones.

baaaah i don't want to write anything else...why am i so much worried about a game which i can not even play. it's always down at weekends....have fun,enjoy your lovely game
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-19-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JILogan View Post
When are they going to fix the cameras? They are completely broken. Since when does 'follow target' mean 'pitch nose down and make cannons inoperable' or 'look blindly in irrelevant direction for no reason in middle of battle?' Ground cameras are bad as well.... no, scratch that, they completely suck.

FIx the Cameras. Give us a simple chase cam option.
Logan....sounds like you have tribbles in the computer core....

I spent 2 hours last night on Bajor "caves of fire" mission, where my AI wouldnt respond to any rally point or even follow me....They Mutinied !!! ;-)

Patch away, but PLEASE...fix the last patch of the patch of the patch...and get some more servers up and running...this constant downtime is ruining playable time like a broke Ferengi..... :p
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-19-2010, 03:58 AM
Keep on patching! Glad Cryptic doesn't neglect the game and let the bugs just exist.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-19-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalkim
To those that have not played an MMO release before - patches are constant in the first couple of months, They are already slowing down and not doing them every single day as happened right at the beginning. Every game, including WoW and EQ and Age of Conan and Warhammer and (insert MMO here) did this. They patch to the least impact. Unfortunatly, this means that Australia gets hammered, sometimes Europe, sometimes Asia (for American based MMOs, I have no idea about patch schedules on the Asia MMO front). WoW has been patching on Tuesdays (mostly every other these days) during someone's prime time for 5 years, and there's complaints about give me free time, give me in game rewards and give me a pony every single patch day, yet nothing ever changes, other than they'll give a free day if a patch takes a super extended time to your billing cycle, but is rare and sure didn't happen at first. They'll settle on a day (looks like Thursday for now), and a time eventually, but for now, just expect it will be patching, and when it's not, you aren't disappointed and you won't have to cancel for silly reasons.

To those that have played any MMO with more than a few hundred subs at release - you know better, knock it off.

To those that still won't put a cork in it - Please post vids of judge reactions to class action lawsuits, bank reactions to demands to be refunded and game designer reactions to sit ins when you don't get your way. They are comedy gold.
I agree iv been playing mmo's since Ultima Online came out, This is a new game and things like this are to be expected im sure they are doing thair best to get things right.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-19-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchmeifucan View Post
Just wondering why patch days arnt say Monday and Tuesday and then then the fixes on Wednesday and Thursday instead of no maintenance Mon,Tues,wed, and then maintenance thur and friday and then usually sat and Sunday?

If its just a matter of "when the patch is ready" then have a couple of days off work to sync it to early in the week.

It just feels to me that u guys dont patch to just before the weekend and then have to do maintenance on the weekend to fix the late week patches and then have no maintenance on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday which one would assume is the time with less traffic
I read this as commitment on Cryptic's part. However, the poster does share a concern which is many patches = not much game time. Its a balancing act to get fixes in to make the game great versus uptime.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-19-2010, 04:23 AM
The server is now back up. Thanks for your patience!
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-19-2010, 04:24 AM
Mujina, it should NOT be expected for new MMOs to be constantly down for bug-fixing and patching. What the frak did I pay for at the store? A FINISHED BOXED PRODUCT. That's what beta testing is frakking for, to iron out the bugs in order to ship a finished product.

The gaming community are getting sick to death of the attitude that it's alright to release an unfinished, buggy game, and expect people to put up with patching for the first few months. In three months STO will be a graveyard, like Warhammer and ***.

It's especially frustrating for people in Australia/Asia -- downtime is always in the evenings there, which is when most people play (after school and work). I know folks who have barely been able to play because of the constant downtime in their evening times.

So pull your heads out of where the sun doesn't shine, Cryptic. The gaming community are getting wary of companies like yourself charging people $80 for what should be a finished game, when in reality it's an unfinished game with months of patching and fixing and frustrating downtime.

I certainly wouldn't pay for a three course restaurant meal in advance, only to have the entree canceled, the main half-cooked, and dessert promised next year.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-19-2010, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneirocat
Mujina, it should NOT be expected for new MMOs to be constantly down for bug-fixing and patching. What the frak did I pay for at the store? A FINISHED BOXED PRODUCT. That's what beta testing is frakking for, to iron out the bugs in order to ship a finished product.

The gaming community are getting sick to death of the attitude that it's alright to release an unfinished, buggy game, and expect people to put up with patching for the first few months. In three months STO will be a graveyard, like Warhammer and ***.

It's especially frustrating for people in Australia/Asia -- downtime is always in the evenings there, which is when most people play (after school and work). I know folks who have barely been able to play because of the constant downtime in their evening times.

So pull your heads out of where the sun doesn't shine, Cryptic. The gaming community are getting wary of companies like yourself charging people $80 for what should be a finished game, when in reality it's an unfinished game with months of patching and fixing and frustrating downtime.

I certainly wouldn't pay for a three course restaurant meal in advance, only to have the entree canceled, the main half-cooked, and dessert promised next year.
+1. note again that we pay more here than in america for an inferior product (ie laggy, sometimes non-existent game play)
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-19-2010, 04:38 AM
dont know if this has allready been said but here goes...

there is a bug that you said you fixed, but didnt:

the character list page. my captain is still showing the wrong outfit, i really dont care if you fix it or not becasue it dosnt affect me the slightest i just wanted to point it out to you...
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-19-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOps
The server is now back up. Thanks for your patience!
Yeah, but it seems to be laggy as hell.