Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutashi
Well I canceled my subscription and that made me feel a little better. Then I tried to complain on forums but fanboys flamed me ultra har dcore until I felt worse and devs arent doing anything. So if you've come here looking for help you'll either be ignored or flamed by most except for the very rare mature people.
You made a post saying "I r 100% dun wit tis game yo!" Then, after posting, you continued to flame and instigate people.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
You made a post saying "I r 100% dun wit tis game yo!" Then, after posting, you continued to flame and instigate people.
It was a typo! I meant to type 10% done with this game!!! My original post you are talking about is unedited so im not lying. I am thinking about playing some more klingon before my time is up, want to team up with me?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOfHats View Post
Good. No more instance-changing into an almost-finished DSE and collecting easy XP for you.

A four-minute wait is nothing.
If by "nothing" you mean a "complete waste of time". There's no good reason for me to have to just sit there wasting time, which in an MMO means I'm wasting my money, because of the mission timer. There are plenty of other MMOs that don't have a forced time sink like that.

You know what? Here's an idea. Why doesn't Cryptic take a page from other MMOs and make the cooldown timers INDIVIDUAL instead of instance based? So whenever you jump into an instance, you get the 0/9 deal and go start killing dudes, and then when 9 are down, you get YOUR OWN COOLDOWN TIMER so you can't get credit for kills for another five minutes? That way nobody has to jump in and wait for no good reason, AND you prevent people from just afking and instance switching and grabbing XP with a quickness.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutashi
It was a typo! I meant to type 10% done with this game!!! My original post you are talking about is unedited so im not lying. I am thinking about playing some more klingon before my time is up, want to team up with me?
Nah, I'm not a big Klink fan. Not because of the content, I just don't like the ships looks/sides feel.

I do have a fleet member who switched over to playing around with a klink though. He loves it so much that he told me he's not going to play Fed. Which means he's giving up on his admiral level Fed char. lol Not a joke either. :x
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Well, it's not so bad as being mugged by every enemy signal contact you go by,and can't out run because you trying to get some where. But it is driving the kids crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-town
If by "nothing" you mean a "complete waste of time". There's no good reason for me to have to just sit there wasting time, which in an MMO means I'm wasting my money, because of the mission timer. There are plenty of other MMOs that don't have a forced time sink like that.
Of course. How could I have forgotten. For every minute of those four minutes you have to wait in a DSE, a shipload of Nausicaan pirates is looting your bank account.

Four minutes barely qualifies as a wait.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Wait, are you saying you can't just open the map and change instances now? I haven't played in a few days.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V0rt
Wait, are you saying you can't just open the map and change instances now? I haven't played in a few days.
Seems that you can't.. Was trying again to do CE yesterday and when I wanted to change instance because those people were not really able to survive, I could not.. Not even outside combat, so I assume that you can't change instances now.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-19-2010, 12:10 AM
The only thing that falls short about this, at least for me, would be trying to do a DSE with friends and having everyone getting stuck in different instances with no way to get together.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-town

You know what? Here's an idea. Why doesn't Cryptic take a page from other MMOs and make the cooldown timers INDIVIDUAL instead of instance based? So whenever you jump into an instance, you get the 0/9 deal and go start killing dudes, and then when 9 are down, you get YOUR OWN COOLDOWN TIMER so you can't get credit for kills for another five minutes? That way nobody has to jump in and wait for no good reason, AND you prevent people from just afking and instance switching and grabbing XP with a quickness.
You don't have to just sit there and do nothing...you can still go around killing stuff while the timer is up. You just won't get credit for the mission, but you'll still get xp and maybe items.