Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Ensign
In the keybind set up window between jump and sprint you can map a key to walk that allows you to make your character walk which is good if you want to sneak around abit, for those RP or make videos, or for those who just like taking things slow when in curtain areas like ESD. The downside to the walking key is that you have to keep it press to keep your character walking which isn't confable for some.
The press to hold is good if your mostly using it sneak into and are planning to start running again after, but it be nice if people could set a different key that toggles walk and I had afew people in game agree with me on that option. I've seen afew games. Right now the close thing you got to a toggle to walk option is with the aim key and that looks more like your sneaking around and trying to keep your guard.

Last edited by prkillerjr; 02-03-2014 at 06:09 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Just type /walk +1 into your chat window. To turn it off, type /walk +0.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Ensign
# 3
02-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdridgeway View Post
Just type /walk +1 into your chat window. To turn it off, type /walk +0.
Thanks to you and the guys who did the 360 controller bind setup I found away to get the toggle option using the /bind command.
Captain
# 4
02-03-2014, 12:50 PM
There is a command to set a toggle.

/bind <key> "++walk"

<key> is whatever you want the toggle to be. I have it as F11, so I would type:

/bind F11 "++walk"

When I press F11, my character walks. To go back to normal speed, I hit F11 again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)