Lt. Commander
# 121
04-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
The UI lacks debuff/status icons to warn you what is happening on your ship...

You cannot stretch out the trays to be as long as you want (why not?)...

Inexplicably if you want to show three rows, the BOff's disappear (who thought that was a good idea?)...

Chat is tabbed and you cannot make it windowed...

The UI is very poor indeed.
I completely agree.
Lt. Commander
# 122
04-20-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't like UI modding at all. When it gets to the point where WoW is at where you basicly can't participate in top end content without third party mods installed it just completely devalues the game for me.

"Oh hey, you didn't have a mod that told you exactly what button to hit during this boss fight to maximize your DPS and minimize your threat which you can only see by installing that other mod? Geez, you must be a noob!" - no, that's just someone who wants a game that works right out of the box.
Lt. Commander
# 123
04-21-2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
- no, that's just someone who wants a game that works right out of the box.
The out-of-the-box UI is terrible and what you are actually doing is arguing against better ones that give people more options, which is bizarre.

You cannot even window the damn chat tabs!
Lt. Commander
# 124
04-21-2010, 06:02 AM
UI Modding...yes, yes, yes!! Including skinning of course! I think the first thing someone would do would be an LCARS mod. What´s really missing for my taste for the total "Star Trek Feel" is an LCARS-Style UI....the current one is really...sorry that I have to say that.....generic and blah for my taste.
Lt. Commander
# 125
04-21-2010, 07:27 AM
/Signed

Please allow for UI modding!
Lt. Commander
# 126
04-21-2010, 07:39 AM
I did a quick photoshop of what part of an LCARS modded UI might look like.
look here

Comments please ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 127
04-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
I don't like UI modding at all. When it gets to the point where WoW is at where you basicly can't participate in top end content without third party mods installed it just completely devalues the game for me.

"Oh hey, you didn't have a mod that told you exactly what button to hit during this boss fight to maximize your DPS and minimize your threat which you can only see by installing that other mod? Geez, you must be a noob!" - no, that's just someone who wants a game that works right out of the box.
While I agree, in part, with the comment about mods needed for top end content in WOW, I feel that the pros, for modding, would far outweigh the cons. Take this thread for example. Far more are for modding than against. The bottom line is that the current UI is very, how should I put this, Vanilla. I want mods to enhance my playing time. To allow me to customize the game to my liking. I am not asking for game enhancing mods. Informational mods can be very helpful as well as Map mods, Bar mods, Buff mods, Debuff mods, Bank mods and Auction mods. These can all help me save time and be a better player allowing me to enjoy the game that much more.

One more thing. While some of you have stated you dont like the mod "requirements" to get into high end raids (I am there with ya), dont you like to know what works best with your build to allow you to do your job better? Mods do this much more efficiently. Unfortunately these type of mods are a two edged sword.

--Cap
Lt. Commander
# 128
04-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyE View Post
I did a quick photoshop of what part of an LCARS modded UI might look like.
look here

Comments please ;-)
Pretty

--Cap
Lt. Commander
# 129
04-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSFC View Post
Pretty

--Cap

Agreed, me likey. Also, I normally dont care about modding one way or the other. But yeah, this game needs it pretty damn bad.
Lt. Commander
# 130
04-24-2010, 11:01 AM
/signed

Current UI is not enough.