Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-19-2010, 07:05 AM
lol..he's prob not trying to sell them at all, he's prob stuck them up for that silly price to use the exchange as a sort of extra bank slots..its what i did
i had too many boffs as rewards and ran out of slots on my char to hold them..think its 12 max..i didnt want to just cancel them incase i need them later so i stuck them on the exchange for a silly price so i could take the new boff reward at RA.if i need the boff i can pull it off the exchange and if someone dumb enough actually buys it for THAT price them im quids in as well.
i do it with green and blue items if me bank gets to full as well, with no timer on the exchange and no charge..why not..lol
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Not to point out the obvious, but if you see it listed on the exchange, that means no one has actually bought it. Just because it is listed for seventy billion doesn't mean it has ever sold for that much.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2010, 10:12 AM
The reason is simple:

Humans are the only ones that you can tell the gender by looking at their name. If it's Science Officer Bill, there's a good chance it's a guy. Tactical Officer Sally will probably be a female. Have you seen the names of the aliens? Take Engineering Officers Shumbigwanoogy for example. How do I know if this is a male or female? I mean, there's absolutely no way on the Exchange to sort by gender or filter out a gender, so if you're looking for a specific gender, Shumbigwanoogy ain't helpin' ya any. Know what I mean?

Of course, this is all in jest. I picked up a blue Human Sci last night for 150 credits on the Exchange. The name was "Julien". I'm thinking she'd make a wonderful medic. Then I double clicked on her from my Assignments tab. Dude looked like Sylvester Stalone, LOL. Needless to say, he trained up my other Sci boff and was sent packing.

There's a LOT to be said for a good name. Remember next time you look on the Exchange, beware of boffs named Shumbigwanoogy or Julien.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2010, 10:15 AM
just buy a human bo for 100 merits and use the very rare alien bo to train the human, sure you dont get the good inherited skills but you still get the level III abilities
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2010, 10:26 AM
The answer to this is simple..

People are storing their BOFF candidates on the exchange. At Admiral level you get 10 officer spots on your ship, and a list of like 10 candiate spots (not sure about the number)

But you get new candidate requests all the time. So many in fact I did not ahve any room to accept a new very rare candidate that wanted to join me. I ended up declining some rare officer I had.

BUT I noticed that once you put an officer on the exchange, he comes out of your list of potential candidates, there by opening up a slot.

No one is going to be some BOFF for 10 million. But it certainly clears out inventory and gives you an extra place to store this guy while you wait for something better to come along.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-19-2010, 10:36 AM
On a related note, how often do you get Officer..well..offers? I know after every level or so you get a hail from Starfleet but what about when you reach RA5? Do you still get them or are you basically left with prowling the Exchange for Rare/V.Rare BOs?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Hmm I would go with the racial traits.

Human:
Basic Teamwork: +5% team exploit damage
Normal Teamwork: +10% team exploit damage
Superior Teamwork: +15% team exploit damage.

So 4 Very Rare Humans, means you get +60% Exploit damage right? (if everyone stands in a 15M sphere, which your BO's usually do). Even if it doesn't stack that still +15% more zap.

You only get this on Humans or Bolians (and Aliens?).

At least that's why all my BO's are human, whether it actaully works or not - who knows! :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugshu View Post
Very Rare Human BO's are being priced at astronomical prices. And they are selling. Is Shield repair at 15% working on these guys or what is going on.

I guarantee that the player community has figured out something and priced it into consideratio because otherwise these guys are not worth 100 X as much as Very Rare Vulcans.

Anybody know why VR Human BO's are the highest priced items on the exchange?

Happy Prosperity All,

Bugshu
Cuz their sexy chicks and look good on your bridge in mini-skirts?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-19-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure that those absurd prices primarely come from the very same accounts who farm credits for the gold sellers. They stand the most to gain by making it look like things on the auction house are expensive beyond measure.

The real secret is this: There is nothing on the auction house that you acctually need. The best items in game come from PvP and Exploration daylies, and the best BOs come from just leveling.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legatus
Hmm I would go with the racial traits.

Human:
Basic Teamwork: +5% team exploit damage
Normal Teamwork: +10% team exploit damage
Superior Teamwork: +15% team exploit damage.

So 4 Very Rare Humans, means you get +60% Exploit damage right? (if everyone stands in a 15M sphere, which your BO's usually do). Even if it doesn't stack that still +15% more zap.

You only get this on Humans or Bolians (and Aliens?).

At least that's why all my BO's are human, whether it actaully works or not - who knows! :p
Never seen a double ground trait. Also, Superior Teamwork is 7.5% max. So 4 would net you, if all superior teamwork, 30% team exploit.