Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31 time will tell...
12-11-2008, 06:25 PM
i dunno i highly doubt that STO will get put on the back burner, let alone shelved. think about it, infogrames just invested quite a bit of money in cryptic, and odds are, they're gonna be looking for a return on that investment. besides, sto is pretty far along in it's production, i'd imagine, if they plan on releasing it in around a year's time. why stop production on an ip so close to being released with such a large and dedicated fanbase to start up another project? it doesn't make sense. all you nay-sayers saying you never saw the sun will soon say you never saw the sun so bright. so in the meantime go get some shades.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-11-2008, 06:41 PM
love to think happy happy thoughts.
but star trek online game has had some very difficult birthing.
and with infogames / atari being the big boss now. would really hate to see it die on the table again.
its a wait and see.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-12-2008, 03:07 AM
i have seen 09, 10 and 11 still not sure when its coming out..
i hope '09 afcourse the little things that arent fixed then yet..
can always be updated
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Wouldn't this be a conflict of interest since Atari who owns Bioware is also working with LucasArts on star wars games because ST & SW have always been competitive franchises.
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-12-2008, 10:15 PM
I would be more concerned with the game getting released, doing ok, Atari deciding that isn't good enough and forcing a drastic change in gameplay structure that basically makes the game worse, or shutting down the servers all together.

Hopefully that doesn't happen, and I don't know enough about Atari's history to say whether that is likely to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 36 Atari
12-13-2008, 05:07 AM
Will atari interfere with how STO is going to be made?

I would hate it if they came into the cryptic office one day and said...

"Right we are now going to base the STO mmo on the new star trek film."

That would be sad as star trek is not doing too well with its film at the moment.

Lt. Commander
# 37 Im okay with this
12-13-2008, 10:21 AM
As I first saw the buy out headline. I was scared s***less about this. I like most in here have been waiting years for this game. But if this is about makeing Atari come back to life and makeing great games, im in for the win. As long as it stays for the player. I dont mind if the first prority is to move my dimes and dollars from my wallet to theres. As long as I get respectet and treatet like a sentient being. I got to be honest and CoX wasnt any fun, just another grind fest. Go kill xx of those and that. No real story, no real reason to do so unless your where aiming at getting █ber. I spent more time creating characters than playing them. I hope this will get Cryptic and Atari back on the track of makeing games I cant resist poreing my hard earned $$ into... I applaud this, make me a broke but happy gamer...
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombo5606 View Post
"Right we are now going to base the STO mmo on the new star trek film."
That would be sweet, driving classic cars off cliffs, halo drops, epic space battles with shuttles and space ships, pink space monsters in arctic enviornments.

I approve of this idea and am writing a letter to atari right now.

On a more serious note: I am happy with the direction of STO at the moment, and the previews for the new Star Trek film looked ok to me.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Good news!

New Star Trek movie looked AMAZING!
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck1771 View Post
Wouldn't this be a conflict of interest since Atari who owns Bioware is also working with LucasArts on star wars games because ST & SW have always been competitive franchises.
EA owns Bioware.. not Atari.. you are a bit confused.