Lt. Commander
# 1 Fix Crystalline Entity
02-18-2010, 11:19 PM
I have tried several times to defeat the crystaline entity. if u have a good group then it can get down to 30 - but within `10 secs it will be back at 50 %.

the problem is not tht we doing it wrong, the problem is it requires too much coordination for a simple mission. this is one mission that will be undone when i cancel after my 30 days.

blizrds, eh cryptics refusal to fix major issues (too many to state here) is the deciding factor.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 11:24 PM
once again, as i said in another topic, it's insanely hard because you people complained it was too easy back in beta. oops.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamato23 View Post
once again, as i said in another topic, it's insanely hard because you people complained it was too easy back in beta. oops.

So they shouldn't fix it then
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justicesto View Post
blizrds, eh cryptics refusal to fix major issues (too many to state here) is the deciding factor.
But they fix so much.. look at the Self Destruct power.. a few grannies moaned that it damaged them a little when it went off next to them.. ohhh sniff.. so they fixed it a few days later..

But these little things that no one cares about like Auto Fire, A Respec Option fix the Skill Point System etc etc get ignored over and over.. so its all good yes ??

pfft.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 03:18 AM
PUT IN 20 + HOURS TO KILL IT AND...

Havent seen anyone do it since its been tweeked, now if i was getting xp for dmg the thing and killing shards, I'd still be trying, but guess what 20+ hours without 1 xp point...

Screw that, that instance has seen the last of me untill its fixed....
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 03:31 AM
Me and a group killed CE yesterday night and it was not easy it took 20min, you only need a group with good people not a masive group trying for 20+ hours.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2010, 04:23 AM
If you are on there look for a instance with Dr Woe in it (Moose of Woe). He uses the photonic fleet tactic and 1-2 others to effectively blind/distract the fragments leaving the CE totally (well close enough) defenseless and allowing it to be defeated in under 20 minutes (as quick as 6 mins). I didnt believe it myself but found myself in an instance with him last nite and lo and behold, 15 minutes later we had beat the darned thing. Just find him or get someone with that skill to spam it like crazy and youll be set.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 07:06 AM
I say let all Fleet Action Encounters be as hard as can be so that at least we have a place to go for large group content. No, I haven't beaten the Entity, but don't nerf it. Others here have beaten it with good groups and skill. If they can do it then so will I eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Someone had suggested in chat when I was in there the other day that they should make it have reduced healing abilities as you get it's percentage down. I.E. you get to a certain percentage threshold and the shards give it very reduced healing abilities. I think this will keep a healthy balance between toughness, coordination, and the ability to complete it.

Thoughts on this and trolls stay away.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanid
If you are on there look for a instance with Dr Woe in it (Moose of Woe). He uses the photonic fleet tactic and 1-2 others to effectively blind/distract the fragments leaving the CE totally (well close enough) defenseless and allowing it to be defeated in under 20 minutes (as quick as 6 mins). I didnt believe it myself but found myself in an instance with him last nite and lo and behold, 15 minutes later we had beat the darned thing. Just find him or get someone with that skill to spam it like crazy and youll be set.
You mean it takes character roughly three times above the recommend level, in a end game ship and equipment to finish the FA in 20 mins?

Kudos for Woe for helping out players in getting this FA off their journal. But the long term fix isn't Admirals turning up at a Lt Cmdr FA.