Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-19-2010, 07:31 AM
3 diffrent instance of the Crystalline Entity.
Used about an hour in each instance.

1st instance - very full
lots of random people, no tactics or coordination
Kept getting it down to 30% rather fast, but then bumped back up to almost full health in a sec.
People didn't listen to tactic.

2nd instance - half full
a few people have gone together in teams and worked well together, but still alot of randoms that didn't follow the tactics.
Again kept getting it down to 30% and then it bumped back up to almost full health in a sec.

3rd instance - half full
Almost only selected people that was teaming and coordinated eachother, afew of them was even Rear Admirals. Only a small handful of random people that didn't follow to tactics.
Had one guy that did an awesome job of herding/pulling away the Large fragments from everyone else.
Got the CE down to 20%, but it only took one random idiot to fly after the guy that was herding large fragments, and place a minefield infront of fragments. Tooo many small fragments to take out. Crystalline Entity went back to almost full health again.
Didn't help talking to him or the other few random people that had entered. They just kept destroying the large fragments and let the small ones heal the CE.

Got bored. Gave up. Left Crystalline Entity instance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
i nevr said it should be easy. but by no means should it be near impossible. it just needs to be tuned so it is doable by AVERAGE players.

a 15-20 min is acceaptable , but fighting for an hour only to se it heal itself from 30-50% EVERYTIME is not a doable mission.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaid View Post
You mean it takes character roughly three times above the recommend level, in a end game ship and equipment to finish the FA in 20 mins?

Kudos for Woe for helping out players in getting this FA off their journal. But the long term fix isn't Admirals turning up at a Lt Cmdr FA.
I agree and I disagree. Its a fleet action. Maybe their point is to have missions where 1-2 admirals in a fleet can coordinate and work with newbies to their fleets in fighting something. Maybe not, but I get that impression.

Keep in mind it is a fleet action and not just a plain mission, so its intended for Fleets of which they maybe are assuming there would be a couple Adm's.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-19-2010, 09:13 AM
an mmo where most of the large group content is either completely broken or you can't instance with your team/fleet...
are you kidding? are the fleet actions some joke that i don't get?

exclusive grouping for fleet actions would be a great fix (besides fixing the completely broken stuff).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Hey look a mission that needs team work and a bit of thought....hey look at all the whine posts.

You guys make me laugh, you are the first to say the game should need skill and teamwork then are the first to complain when it does.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanid
If you are on there look for a instance with Dr Woe in it (Moose of Woe). He uses the photonic fleet tactic and 1-2 others to effectively blind/distract the fragments leaving the CE totally (well close enough) defenseless and allowing it to be defeated in under 20 minutes (as quick as 6 mins). I didnt believe it myself but found myself in an instance with him last nite and lo and behold, 15 minutes later we had beat the darned thing. Just find him or get someone with that skill to spam it like crazy and youll be set.
That's great for this "Dr. Woe" person and any of his pals, but what about the rest of us poor slobs who go into the mission willing to fight a desperate battle, but since we don't have this "Magic Bullet" skill, it goes from "desperate" to "pointless" and we just get slaughtered?

Tip to the Devs (Number 1 in a series): "Frustrating" is not the same as "challenging".

Tip to the Devs Number 2: Whenever any player tells you something is "too easy", IGNORE THEM. They are NOT your target demographic.

Darion Leonidas
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17 So? Enlighten us.
02-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master View Post
Hey look a mission that needs team work and a bit of thought....hey look at all the whine posts.

You guys make me laugh, you are the first to say the game should need skill and teamwork then are the first to complain when it does.
I see a lot oif dismissive posts like this, and no offense, but rather than berate people for being frustrated, why not offer up specific advice on how to actually accomplish the objective?

In other words, if people know how to do it, share the information with those who don't.

Darion Leonidas
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18 And the "tactics" are?
02-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudiusDK View Post
3 diffrent instance of the Crystalline Entity.
Used about an hour in each instance.

1st instance - very full
lots of random people, no tactics or coordination
Kept getting it down to 30% rather fast, but then bumped back up to almost full health in a sec.
People didn't listen to tactic.

2nd instance - half full
a few people have gone together in teams and worked well together, but still alot of randoms that didn't follow the tactics.
Again kept getting it down to 30% and then it bumped back up to almost full health in a sec.

3rd instance - half full
Almost only selected people that was teaming and coordinated eachother, afew of them was even Rear Admirals. Only a small handful of random people that didn't follow to tactics.

>SNIP<

Got bored. Gave up. Left Crystalline Entity instance.
And the tactics are...?

Darion Leonidas
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion_Leonidas View Post

Tip to the Devs (Number 1 in a series): "Frustrating" is not the same as "challenging".
Actually they are exactly the same its just a matter of perspective, the lazy and the stupid tend not to see those personality flaws in themselves and blame the game/mission design though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion_Leonidas View Post
Tip to the Devs Number 2: Whenever any player tells you something is "too easy", IGNORE THEM. They are NOT your target demographic.
Here is a real tip: if you keep the game set to r'tard level the skilled/hard working players will get bored and leave first, then soon to follow will be the semi skilled followed behind by the full blown tards.

On the other hand if you make the game challenging (frustrating in tardish) the only ppl who leave will be the lazy morons, all the others will either develop tactics and use them or read them on the forums and use them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion_Leonidas View Post
I see a lot oif dismissive posts like this, and no offense, but rather than berate people for being frustrated, why not offer up specific advice on how to actually accomplish the objective?

In other words, if people know how to do it, share the information with those who don't.

Darion Leonidas
In every instance their are morons, but in every instance there are those with a brain who follow the correct tactics.

Start by talking in chat and putting together a few teams of non r'tards, then go to a instance together and do the mission properly, it goes a lot quicker if you organise for 10-15 mins instead of just spamming your fire button for HOURS if im to believe some of the posts on here.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:41 AM.