Lt. Commander
# 21
02-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion_Leonidas View Post
That's great for this "Dr. Woe" person and any of his pals, but what about the rest of us poor slobs who go into the mission willing to fight a desperate battle, but since we don't have this "Magic Bullet" skill, it goes from "desperate" to "pointless" and we just get slaughtered?

Tip to the Devs (Number 1 in a series): "Frustrating" is not the same as "challenging".

Tip to the Devs Number 2: Whenever any player tells you something is "too easy", IGNORE THEM. They are NOT your target demographic.

Darion Leonidas
With respect to Woe, he isnt doing this just for his pals. He has spent much of the last few days helping anyone that joins the instnace he is in the complete the battle. ANYONE. He has done so, I believe, to demonstrate that a properly equipped group can defeat this thing.

This isnt just a mission. Its a Fleet action. Its designed for Fleets, this games 'guilds'. The real fault I think in this is that there is no way to really tackle it with an organized group, not easily anyway, all get put into a PUG for the most part .. this defeats the point of THIS Fleet action.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-19-2010, 10:37 AM
When I played this fleet action it took about 10 mins to complete. Tactics include:
1. Make sure that nobody is attacking the shards.
2. Everybody concentrate on attacking the entity, whilst avoiding getting hit by the shards..
3. Engineers who have Ramming Speed use it to ram entity.
4. Make sure that nobody is attacking the shards.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-19-2010, 10:55 AM
I just tried it, and this Mission is HORRIBLE now. Its not fun at all and virtual impossible for its level. Great job completely messing up a fun mission Cryptic. This has got to be the worst mission in the entire game now. Most people just end up complaining then giving up and warping out.

Its just too tedious and not fun at all. You people cant fix anything right can you? This mission effectively gates 99% of players, yes alot of it is so many stupid people who spam mines and shoot fragments but when so many people do that, that it ruins the instance for everyone else, it means the mission needs to be made more Idiot proof.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanid
This isnt just a mission. Its a Fleet action. Its designed for Fleets, this games 'guilds'. The real fault I think in this is that there is no way to really tackle it with an organized group, not easily anyway, all get put into a PUG for the most part .. this defeats the point of THIS Fleet action.
exactly my point. i don't think this should be easier, just meet the standards of any mmo i have played so far and allow me to have my team/fleet with me when i try something like the CE. i don't want to work around the current mechanics and find a low populated instance to drive ppl out or educate them...
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_silencer
exactly my point. i don't think this should be easier, just meet the standards of any mmo i have played so far and allow me to have my team/fleet with me when i try something like the CE. i don't want to work around the current mechanics and find a low populated instance to drive ppl out or educate them...
Considering the fact it takes just ONE idiot it mess it up, it does need to be made easier. Until a time where you can get a guild or good group of people into a instance and lock it down so random people cant come in, this will never work as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-19-2010, 11:57 AM
It's also an open mission where everyone can enter. And you can't control who else is in the instance along with your team. Any idiot can enter and ruin it for your team.

I also noticed the mission rewards for doing this is kinda low compared with the level needed for the mission. So in the end is it really worth it?

IMO The time needed and level of the mission doesn't equal the mission rewards given.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
Considering the fact it takes just ONE idiot it mess it up, it does need to be made easier. Until a time where you can get a guild or good group of people into a instance and lock it down so random people cant come in, this will never work as it is.
i agree to the "it will never work like this" part. it won't.

but the fix should really be to allow players to go in with a chosen team and do it. the fight itself is not that difficult - only got two phases after all, which are both easily described and remembered.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-28-2010, 07:51 PM
I decided to delete this post because of my recent discovery which is below.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Ok, I want to update my fight with the dreaded Crystaline Entity. You won't be able to beat it if you don't use tactics, and you won't be able to complete this mission if you don't have at least 15 people participating. You need 5 or 6 people firing on the CE itself, and the rest need to fire on the shards. Don't destroy the large shards if you can, but if you do, make an effort to kill the small shards before they reach the CE. EVERYONE needs to stay at least 7 K away from the entity so as to give the small shards more distance to traverse to reach the CE. This will be hard, and there will be times where it will regain some of it's health periodically, but if you keep at it with these tactics, you will generate a victory and you won't need to find the guy that has the right special abilities. I hope this helps those of you who are struggling with this mission.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-28-2010, 09:13 PM
CE doesn't need fixing. It takes teamwork which usually comes about once someone explains to those involved what you have to do to kill the thing while not healing it. Generally you can get enough ships doing the proper thing to overcome the crap the mornons are doing unless they are going out of their way to be hit. If that's going on you have to change instance.