Lt. Commander
# 1 Looking for ideas on RP event
02-19-2010, 01:33 AM
So I joined theSons of Kirk and want t oget the RP going so I wanted to create a mini mission they can run.

There's nothing like storyteller system from SWG so here are my thoughts.

We need a protagonist and there is no /duel, so if I want a ship battle, I have to switch to a Klingon and make sure the others enter the same instance. Is there a way to lock it? Is there any way for me to have my Klingon fight my mission guys?

If so I would have them take Danubes that I supply so that I can control the fight RP wise, beat them down but let them get the best of my Vor'cha for instance.

It makessense I would have a scene on a bridge where we all meet and conference and also one on a moajor location like Risa or DS9.

Because of player content limitations it would need to be more conversation/intrigue based, like find a spy, or some evidence, etc. evidence can't be placed in the environment but there could be a riddle and then they need to find a spot and read an already dev supplied title or marking to show they located it.

Any ideas?

DeRavi
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 01:52 AM
You can create a private PvP queue that only those invited can join. Unfortunately, there's a minimum number of members required per side (the number depending on the map type, but usuall 5 to 10 per side).

You can invite a Klingon to a Federation bridge (and vice versa) and duel there, but be aware, the 'intruder' will be attacked by the friendly ship's NPC bridge crew.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 07:29 AM
Thanks very helpful. So I can have a Klingon beam onboard.

Is there any way to make a believable, say, Ferengi merchant? I mean either you are Fed with a uniform or
Klingon with a uniform, theres no civilian clothes right? And if not has anyone found an armor oroutfit combo that looks casual? Is it possible to get an all black-ish pants suit that shows no insignia?

Can anyone think of a way for us to duel, even if it has to be between Fed ships? It seems like its not an option in a standard arena as I would require a min 10 people and only need one Klingon, people not in the quest who go in the instance would mess it up.

Does anyone have info on raids? Wouldthey be a possibility for this? IE if they are huge or take placein the main zones we could meet in a hidden corner of a system to play it out.

Thanks,

DeRavi
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 07:41 AM
You could get some friends you trust to pad out the other side. They show up but don't actually attack or are ignored. Heck, you could work it into the story somehow.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 09:45 AM
As i become more acquainted with the role playing community. It might be a good Idea to unionize all the various role playing fleets in a Free Forum Role Playing Coalition. Which would ultimately generate role playing plots, organizes fleet actions against one another, set a standard for role playing.

Just a Thought.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolbezLunar View Post
As i become more acquainted with the role playing community. It might be a good Idea to unionize all the various role playing fleets in a Free Forum Role Playing Coalition. Which would ultimately generate role playing plots, organizes fleet actions against one another, set a standard for role playing.

Just a Thought.
Look here.....

Star Trek Online Roleplayers