Captain
# 1 Strange Alien Artifact
01-02-2014, 05:25 PM
I received this from an assignment, and the info says i need to ask my science officer about it.

I go to my ship bridge, but i cant ask anything to my science officer. Or should i go to somewhere else? How this exactly works?
Captain
# 2
01-02-2014, 05:28 PM
The sci officer has an infuse alien artifact assignment. Go inside the ship for these. Once its powered you go to your engineering officer to build a console with it. You'll get at least a green Mk xii.
Commander
# 3
01-02-2014, 05:30 PM
It maybe easier to check out your ready room instead of travelling to the science station of your bridge (if unlocked, you can also use your fleet's starbase). Check out the science officer's special missions to power unpowered artifacts. After the artifact is powered, use an engineering contact's special missions to assemble prototypes and 'craft' a new console.

EDIT: powering an artifact also requires 1 each of the trace particles. Assembling the console just requires the powered artifact.

Last edited by fftt; 01-02-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Departments can be contacted from your ready room, which is connected to the bridge. But be warned that this process can be quite resource-intensive: To power the artifact, you'll need one each of the elusive particle traces. To create the console from it, you'll need 5 officers with the hard-to-find Resolve trait.
For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.
Commander
# 5
01-02-2014, 05:40 PM
A-whoops. If you're a rommie, the contact console is on the bridge proper - not the ready room.
Career Officer
# 6
01-03-2014, 04:07 AM
Actually, you do not need to head to your ship. Simply go to the the Duty Officer pop-up, Department heads tab, and then click on the Assignments button next to the appropriate duty officer.
Commander
# 7
01-03-2014, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anasaziscout View Post
Actually, you do not need to head to your ship. Simply go to the the Duty Officer pop-up, Department heads tab, and then click on the Assignments button next to the appropriate duty officer.
For special missions like infuse artifact and craft console, you still need to go into your ship/shuttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy View Post
[Fixed an issue where players could level up conveniently while playing PvE content]
Captain
# 8
01-03-2014, 06:04 AM
Thanks guys, i just want to know if i actually can do anything with that artifact, and it looks like i can. I will look into it, thanks!. But i visited my bridge and i didnt find any assignment related to that, maybe i didnt look carefully. I will try again.
Captain
# 9
01-03-2014, 06:12 AM
The main thing to do with these artifacts is to sell them. They belong to the old Console Crafting chain, which was finally rendered dead as a doornail with the arrival of the Spire Tactical Consoles, which outclass them in every way. Some people do not seem to realize this and continue paying for these products, despite their utter worthlessness, but fools tend not to have much money and taking it from them only works in volume, something which this chain naturally precludes.
Career Officer
# 10
01-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
The main thing to do with these artifacts is to sell them. They belong to the old Console Crafting chain, which was finally rendered dead as a doornail with the arrival of the Spire Tactical Consoles, which outclass them in every way. Some people do not seem to realize this and continue paying for these products, despite their utter worthlessness, but fools tend not to have much money and taking it from them only works in volume, something which this chain naturally precludes.
Sorry, but this is absolute nonsense.. MK XII console crafting is far from dead (yet) - I'm still crafting 12-16 MK XII consoles per day and still easily have a net income over 60 million per week through this - on a good week even far over 100 million!!! People shouldn't write about something they haven't a clue about.
"My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well-earned."