Lt. Commander
I just hit Commander and have promoted my four BOs to LC. I am only seeing my main tactical BO with three skill slots. My second tactical only has one and my Engineering and Science have two.

When I look at the assignments tabs, the other skills that I think should be available are stating Cannot use this at this rank? Also, I can put skill points into them...they are just not available to use.

Any help with understanding how this works is appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 03:26 AM
You will be able to use all the skills on an away team mission...but ships only have certain "officer billets"....so just because they are a certain rank, doesn't mean they are actually acting in that rank on the ship...therefore not all of them can use all of their skills.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 03:27 AM
Thanks for that...

If that is the case, how can I choose which ones I want in those slots and how do I tell how many billets are available?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 03:33 AM
At the top of the below linked thread you will find a link to Suricata's STO Ship Tier Chart.
On there amongst other things you can check What BO stations each ship class and -tier comes with. This can help in planning ahead of what skills and what BOs you will want to use on the higher/final level(s).
Also, the topic contains a lot of other information that you might find useful.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88822

You can assign your BOs to the specific available stations on your ship in the assignments tab (hit "U" and click on "Assignments"). That tab also displays how many/which abilities the BO will be able to use on the station he is assigned to (the unavailable ones are somewhat greyed out).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the link and the help...