Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-19-2010, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerouslyGeeky View Post
Totally with you man!
It was a shame they whacked her. Rather they did in with Paris, instead. ..

And she was supposedly a Betazed, too.....nakies!

Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Year of Hell part 1 and 2!!

For the win!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Scorpion, Raven, Endgame for borg.

Future's End and Relativity for time travel.

Prototype, Tuvix, Distant Origin, Year Of Hell for pure awesomeness.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Course: Oblivion

Its great for some touching as moments

*Goes off and crys at the scene where Neelix says "she's gone"*
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
I've decided to watch Voyager again, but not the whole series, just some of the best episodes, and I need some advice.

Voyager is the one where they're in deep space, and they have to survive long enough to find a way home, right?

I think my favorite episode is the one where they meet another Battlestar, but almost get in a fight with them.

The one where they run out of water and have to stop a prison riot before they can get more off the surface of an ice moon is really good too.

But I really like the one where the Cylons are thrown into civil war, and some of them decide to ally with the Colonies. That's a really good one.

What are some of your favorite Voyager episodes?
I see what you did there... but Voyager was first.... or rather I think Lost in Space was first and then the original Battlestar.. if youre going to call everyone a cppycat. But Voyager aired before SGU and all the new Battlestars so its more like they copied Voyager.

However... my favourtie two story arcs were the one where Kes was finding about her new power. It was rather sad at the ending, but I liked it. I also love the story about the borg who kinda-sorta broke free of the collective but are still a apart of it and Seven falls in love.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Threshold

*Flees*
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
I see what you did there... but Voyager was first.... or rather I think Lost in Space was first and then the original Battlestar.. if youre going to call everyone a cppycat. But Voyager aired before SGU and all the new Battlestars so its more like they copied Voyager.
I read the OP...and was at first...Uh...ok...Whatever....Then it sunk in.

For YEARS fans have claimed one franchise stole from the other.

B5 fans swear up and down that DS9 is a complete and total rip off...

Happens over and over...Yes...there are similar story points...yes...some are outright rips...

It's going to happen. There's ONLY so much creativity in Hollywood....

Over the past few years numerous movies have been redone. Even some you wouldn't have thought at first.

3:10 to Yuma, Batman, Star Trek...I could go on and on....

What's worse...

They aren't done yet...

They are remaking some of the greatest movies ever...There's talk of a Goonies remake (possible sequel..but still not clear) Rodney Dangerfield's Back to School, and numerous other classics...Including Clash of the Titans....

So before I go any further into that tangent....where the hell was I?

Oh yeah...It's common in Hollywood...either big screen or small...to cannibalize other story ideas...
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-19-2010, 07:38 AM
I like all of Voyager but my favorites are:

Season 1:
Faces

Season 2:
Threshold
Deadlock

Season 4:
Year of Hell 1 & 2
Message in a Bottle

Season 5:
In the Flesh
Timeless
Gravity
Course: Oblivion ( You need to watch Demon to really understand it though)
Relativity

Season 6:
One Small Step
Blink of an Eye

Season 7:
Shattered
Human Error
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-19-2010, 07:57 AM
I see what you did there...

Lt. Commander
# 20
02-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
I've decided to watch Voyager again, but not the whole series, just some of the best episodes, and I need some advice.

Voyager is the one where they're in deep space, and they have to survive long enough to find a way home, right?

I think my favorite episode is the one where they meet another Battlestar, but almost get in a fight with them.
Did anyone actually read the OP? They're talking about Battlestar Galactica mixed with Voyager. The OP's favorite episode isn't even a Voyager episode. It's season 2 episode 10 of Battlestar Galactica named "Pegasus".

Quote:
The one where they run out of water and have to stop a prison riot before they can get more off the surface of an ice moon is really good too.
This is another Battlestar Galactica episode called "Water" which was episode 2 of the first season.

Quote:
But I really like the one where the Cylons are thrown into civil war, and some of them decide to ally with the Colonies. That's a really good one.
This is another Battlestar episode late in the series when some cylon models break from the main cylons and side with the humans.