Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
B5 fans swear up and down that DS9 is a complete and total rip off...
I believe J. Michael Straczynski pitched the concept for Babylon 5 to Paramount Studios who refused to produce the series. He did claim that they stole several of his ideas for B5 and used them in the Deep Space Nine series.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
I've decided to watch Voyager again, but not the whole series, just some of the best episodes, and I need some advice.

Voyager is the one where they're in deep space, and they have to survive long enough to find a way home, right?

I think my favorite episode is the one where they meet another Battlestar, but almost get in a fight with them.

The one where they run out of water and have to stop a prison riot before they can get more off the surface of an ice moon is really good too.

But I really like the one where the Cylons are thrown into civil war, and some of them decide to ally with the Colonies. That's a really good one.

What are some of your favorite Voyager episodes?
Well, I can't speak for all the episodes, since I'm a Voyager fanboy and thereby biased...

That being said, I think most people agree that all of Voyagers two-part episodes were awesome.

Also, Course: Oblivion is a must see.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayok
Did anyone actually read the OP? They're talking about Battlestar Galactica mixed with Voyager. The OP's favorite episode isn't even a Voyager episode. It's season 2 episode 10 of Battlestar Galactica named "Pegasus".
It also sounds vaguely like a Voyager episode called "Equinox".

Quote:
This is another Battlestar Galactica episode called "Water" which was episode 2 of the first season.
Interestingly enough, some first season Voyager episodes also dealt with water shortages, but it was the Kazon that needed water that Voyager could provide through replication technology. Whether or not a prison was involved in any such episode, I'm not sure because the first season doesn't interest me for the most part.

Quote:
This is another Battlestar episode late in the series when some cylon models break from the main cylons and side with the humans.
There were plenty of Voyager episodes that featured Borg that sided with Voyager. Drone, Unimatrix Zero, and Collective, just to name a few.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-19-2010, 04:31 PM
In some ways I see Battlestar as an exercise in what Voyager could have been where it not for the damned reset button that was pressed at the end of every episode. It would have been interesting to see how Voyager would have turned out if the ship wasn't always magically refreshed, shiny and new, and if they actually did have genuine problems with supplies, and if they did have to ration things properly, and if they did appear to be suffering from a touch of cabin fever now and again.

Voyager glossed over these issues once in a while but never really explored them in depth, and while it's my favourite Trek series I have to admit it had a lot of potential and promise that it never lived up to, and many of the themes and issues were only properly dealt with in a way that I found acceptable when BSG came along.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-19-2010, 05:16 PM
ROFL...
my advice to you guys is to actually read what the OP is saying...im laughing a lot right now!
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tautalos
ROFL...
my advice to you guys is to actually read what the OP is saying...im laughing a lot right now!
we all read what he was saying. We chose to discuss a more interesting topic
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintar07 View Post
e all read what he was saying. We chose to discuss a more interesting topic
There's a topic?
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
There's a topic?
Voyager episodes. The OP wanted to talk about BSG and possibly compare it to Voyager. The rest of us just wanted to talk about Voyager. Because everybody on these forums knows that Star Trek is way cooler than BSG.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Hard to pick a favorite. But the two parter where the crew has to stop Alyssa and Miyu from blasting the school with the Artemis kill-sat. Those were both good episodes. Natsuki, Nao, and Mikoto take on the ground troops while Mai and Midori fight the ships. And then the ending was sad where Alyssa dies. Whoops, spoiler.

If I made another season of the series, I would make more episodes like that.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-19-2010, 09:02 PM
just some i can remember but wanna watch it all again but this is for right now: Scorpion 1 and 2, Pathfinder, Imperfection, Q2, Homestead, Endgame 1 and 2 and of course Body and Soul (freaking hilarious)