Lt. Commander
# 11
02-19-2010, 10:35 PM
I've run with polarize hull since T2, so I can't really speak for how great the skill is--just that I've never seen it hold me yet. Immunity to tractors is more of a side benefit of PH. The energy resist is just crazy. Mine is at +72%, and I'm not done skilling it up yet.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepishOne View Post
I've run with polarize hull since T2, so I can't really speak for how great the skill is--just that I've never seen it hold me yet. Immunity to tractors is more of a side benefit of PH. The energy resist is just crazy. Mine is at +72%, and I'm not done skilling it up yet.
I've thought of going polorize hull for exactly that reason. What level are you now and how long does the buff last?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sresk View Post
I've thought of going polorize hull for exactly that reason. What level are you now and how long does the buff last?
I'm just using Polarize Hull I at level 38. It's a decent replacement for Rotate Shields and I generally chain it with my Dampening field. End up with about 52% resist to all damage sources from just that. Lasts for 15 seconds. Attributes only buff the magnitude, not the duration. Good news is it's on a 30 second CD.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2010, 08:21 AM
This pretty much confirms what I thought. People use polarize hull for the resist and not to escape tractors. I've never really worried about the polarize hull counter because they're going to be using it for something different.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Tractor beam I is an awesome skill, I used it since I was a little warrior. Unfortunately tractor II and III just add kinetic damage - really useless.

But you won't manage me shaking fists, a simple jam sensors or engine power + evasive (or ramming speed) solves the problem (next to polarize hull and attack pattern omega). I can even tractor you back when you're not in shooting angle yet, fire Viral matrix or subnucleonic beam when you are in front of me.

One of the best combos at the moment is subnucleonic beam + tractor = complete shutdown without counters
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-23-2010, 09:00 PM
I love it, because it crushes enemy ships like a beer can.