Lt. Commander
# 1 Please add death penalty
02-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Enjoy the game, but it's really missing some type of penalty.

It really reduces the thrill knowing my ship can blow up and I respawn a few kilometers away. Or my entire away team goes down, and we all just jump back up.

I would've really preferred a system where if the party wipes out, you have to restart the episode.

At least add repair costs, or bridge officer death, something!

There definitely needs to be some kind of death penalty!! Please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 09:07 AM
If your party wipes, beam out and restart again.

If you die x number of times, delete ship and buy a new one.

Do whatever ya like, just dont expect other people to want the same penalities you do. Because at the end of the day, the game is about fun, and almost any penalty you come up with is simply 'waiting room' mentality.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Leave it alone
02-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Here is a death penalty for you - the next time you die in the game, just delete the character then the game from your hard drive and there you go - that penalty enough for you? Just because you want a penalty for being dumb enough to get killed doesnt mean the rest of us do. Maybe I dont get to play all the hours some others can. I get to do a few missions a night and on the weekends. I am not interested in loosing all that effort just because someone thought the game was to easy. Its like the goobers complaining of no end game - this has been out a week and they crying about end game content already
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 10:38 AM
This game absolutely needs some sort of death penalty. Also, the difficulty needs to be increased, as combat right now is a joke.

The people who are against a death penalty have no idea what we are asking for. They ignorantly keep saying they don't want things like lost XP, lost ships, lost items/credits. Those are severe penalties that are not what most pro-death penalty people are asking for. Simply having crew numbers permanently die and need replacement would be a strong enough DP for me. There must be something.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 10:40 AM
What this game needs more is another 4 threads about death penalties on the first page :-p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Increase the combat difficulty? yes.. but i am not in favour of death penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadezilla
What this game needs more is another 4 threads about death penalties on the first page :-p
Amen the eleventy billion we have just aren't unique enough.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 10:42 AM
If you say you don't want a death penalty - aren't you essentially asking for a game you cannot lose?

Where's the fun in that? If you cannot lose, who cares if you win?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig
If you say you don't want a death penalty - aren't you essentially asking for a game you cannot lose?

Where's the fun in that? If you cannot lose, who cares if you win?
Loss cannot be seen only in death penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Naked ship runs through space for the win!

/shout Can anyone help me? My ship is in the system Guk and camped by 10 MOBs. Plus, space is really causing some shrinkage problems.