Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP missions need timers
02-19-2010, 09:05 AM
PvP missions need timers. We just spent 20 minute waiting for feds to join in Solar Wind Arena. They would trickle in, we would gang up on them and they would quit. Can't say I blame them. They don't stand a chance with our numbers and superior ships. This mission needs a 10 minute timer badly.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 09:06 AM
First, lets wait for Cryptic to fix Klingon tactical officer and then ask them for the timers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 09:17 AM
As already discussed a multitude of times on this forum a timer would solve nothing and add ways to grief. If you're waiting that long, quit yourself and move on. There's no reason why anyone should wait for 20 minutes hoping that the teams will even out. When I get in and find on my own in an arena, I tell the enemy that I'm waiting a bit for team mates, but after a couple of minutes I just fight on my own if I have to. Against other mission types, if there's no one there I just leave and queue up for a different one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 11:45 AM
There are many reasons to wait. For one, we racked up a good score early on but the Fed who were there left at about 10/15. So the choice is to leave, and sacrifice at good score or to wait. Now of course, once you begin to wait it is a tough call as to how long is long enough. Of course, the snide know-it-all above doesn't care about other people's time nor the subtlties of their situation. It is very simple to the simple, isn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithomed
PvP missions need timers. We just spent 20 minute waiting for feds to join in Solar Wind Arena. They would trickle in, we would gang up on them and they would quit. Can't say I blame them. They don't stand a chance with our numbers and superior ships. This mission needs a 10 minute timer badly.
Cut ground to 15 kills again and place a 10 minute timer. It might help people leveling when any particular level in any particular faction isn't FOTM in the future. Looks like we'll have at least four after all.