Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Not seen this mentioned here, so...

Kinda think Incgamers is having a Star Trek week as I think this is the third ST:O story I've seen from them, but yeah, apparently Klingons are going to get a new Star Cluster soon as well as a new Fleet Action, with more after that.

Too little, too late?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Too little , too late indeed =\
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm counting today is 17 days since Release, which should mean the 45 day large content patch is about 28 days away....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker2009 View Post
I'm counting today is 17 days since Release, which should mean the 45 day large content patch is about 28 days away....
Why did you assume it was calendar days, more likely business days.

/sarcasm
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 10:19 AM
now, now.... lets stay positive here....
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 10:25 AM
They acutally said that back around the end of Open beta, like three weeks ago. The problem is, as Ashe59 said above, too little too late.

The Klingon starcluster is something that needed to be in the game before launch, not a month after launch. Despite how badly a starcluster is needed on the Klingon side, Cryptic spent the past few weeks producing another starcluster for the fed side.

That is what is ****ing me off about this game. It was very obvious that Klingons badly needed content when they were added to the beta in mid December. They should have hurried up and gotten a little Klingon content into the game before launch, just to at least show that they are working on it. But it has been two months now, and today we are weeks past launch. Many of us are BG 5 now. The fed side is now better than I have ever seen it, while Klingon side is pretty much the same thing as it was the first time we saw it.

What they have done to the klingon side in the past two months:

1. Added females.
2. Added equipment merchants.
3. Added another lame nebula grind.
4. Bug / stability fixes.
5. Made the UI look a little more Klingon. (still includes a lot of fed elements)

That is it. That is the sum total of the development Klingons have gotten since they first appeared in beta. This is why a lot of Klingon players, such as myself are bitter toward Cryptic.

A rumor about a Klingon starcluster or T2 battlecruiser coming at some unknown point in the future is not good enough. A this point, we need to see actual results.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2010, 10:27 AM
I just want more/better PvP.

Some deathmatch maps and a couple buggy / non-intuitive capture maps doesn't cut it. Queue bugs and ground combat issues aren't helping matter.

If I wanted PvE content, I'd level my Fed. Why anyone wants Klingon PvE is beyond me (have you not played Cryptic's PvE? It's not that exciting.)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz

Some deathmatch maps and a couple buggy / non-intuitive capture maps doesn't cut it. Queue bugs and ground combat issues aren't helping matter.

If I wanted PvE content, I'd level my Fed. Why anyone wants Klingon PvE is beyond me (have you not played Cryptic's PvE? It's not that exciting.)
I agree with ya. Id rather them put effort into better PvP arena's or a "neutral" zone PvP area for large scale actions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz

This is a very good point.

I actually like the idea of Klingons being a PvP-only faction... I can even accept it being harder to level a Klingon, although obviously I'm not thrilled with that decision.

But for it to work, we need all kinds of varied PvP. The competitive PvE maps are a decent start (if only they worked right), and I wouldn't mind seeing more of them, with more reward for winning them. I'd be thrilled to see a zone with open PvP, I'd love to see some sort of persistent territory mechanic to encourage factions to participate in open PvP. More match types and maps for instanced PvP, especially more objective-based ones. Open world PvP scenarios with objectives for each side.

I would rather Klingon PvE remain limited - in fact, I wouldn't mind terribly if Kahless, Azure and the other nebula grinds were removed from the game, and the Klingon-sector Fleet Actions were made into Competitive PvE maps where the Federation (or a second Klingon team) can attack the players doing it, and race to finish first.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2010, 11:36 AM
The way I see it, Cryptic has exactly three weeks left until a TON of us take off (Fed and Klingon alike). While I hate generalizing from my own experience, I see no reason to continue playing now that I've got a BG and a RA, and the key thing is that my "one month free" time is going to expire in early/mid-March. No way I'm going to put more cash up while Cryptic develops this half-finished game.

Anyway, tl;dr key point: one month "free" time is going to expire in early March, so expect desertion in droves around that time unless some major content comes out.