Lt. Commander
# 11
02-19-2010, 01:18 PM
I've seen RA's cause more spawns, but not higher level.

I wasn't even aware you could do exploration missions together. The couple times I tried, it didn't seem like there was a way to follow your team-mate into the instance...

Am I missing something?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzy
Me and my buddies were having a similar problem last night...we had a rear admiral helping us in one of our LC10 missions ...we though the missions would balance and scale in difficulty...but in all 3 missions, no matter who entered first or whos mission it was primary, the spawns were all LC10 level spawns...made the mission way to easy with an RA member helping.
Normal missions only ever scale to the number of players. Thier level is what their level is. I actually like this, because it lets you adjust your difficulty a bit by aiming for something higher / lower level.

It's only the exploration missions, it seems, that scale based on player level .... and they scale badly. Being constantly one-shotted by enemies 20 levels higher than you isn't really fun.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC26 View Post
Normal missions only ever scale to the number of players. Thier level is what their level is. I actually like this, because it lets you adjust your difficulty a bit by aiming for something higher / lower level.

It's only the exploration missions, it seems, that scale based on player level .... and they scale badly. Being constantly one-shotted by enemies 20 levels higher than you isn't really fun.

Interesting you mention this....one of my buddies mentioned this too. the mission we were doing (when you first encounter section 31 in romulan space, the double agent captain, forgot the mission name) my buddy did the night before...he said with all 3 of us there it was the exact same qunatity of enemys when he did it by himself. maybe i should file a bug report....ill reasearch it a bit more to make sure though.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzy
I remember playing COH/COV, their scalling system for that game was a little better as you could "buddy up" with someone who was higher than you and do missions that would normally require you to be at a higher level...the buddy system esentially leveled you at or near your higher buddies level, so long as you were with in 10 meters or him i beleve.

Could that be impimented into this game? I sure something can.
With a new change to Coh/CoV called "Supersidekicking" the entire team is matched to the mission holder's level and the distance restriction is removed. If you are below the holder's level, you would be -1 to the mission holder, if you were above the holder's level you would be lowered to equal level.

Hope this is in the pipeline for this game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdure
With a new change to Coh/CoV called "Supersidekicking" the entire team is matched to the mission holder's level and the distance restriction is removed. If you are below the holder's level, you would be -1 to the mission holder, if you were above the holder's level you would be lowered to equal level.

Hope this is in the pipeline for this game.

Thank you for that information...i wasn't around for that update so i never had a change to test it out.

That indeed does sound like a better way of making missions more balanced. I also hope this instored for STO