Lt. Commander
Hiya just wanted to state that WM is the most annoying ground combat skill to face as it lasts way to long.
14 to 20 odd seconds of no shooting is ridiculous.

Had some really good battles in pvp only to be ruined by one guy who just continued to use this on cooldown. i am tact and rely on firepower and nades which i cant do if im perma weapon malfunctioned.
I was getting like 5secs max before iwas forced to run away or look ike a goof spamming weapon butt
for 20sec omg its annoying.

I dunno about others but this skill is a game breaker for me on ground its soo dam annoying and if theres a counter for it no teammate has removed it yet. Reduce duration imo its too long otherwise everytime i get a weapon mal spam user im just gonna leave.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 04:41 PM
personally I find the borg neural blast much worse, stuns and then if your unlucky keeps topping up the stun for a nasty length of time
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 05:31 PM
then reduce ground plama fire, ect, ect...

I disagree with you, that's not because you cant wtfpwn everyone because something is countering you, that you have to get it nerfed. Since you use nades, you're tac, and you can increase ground weap base damage via skills. Is that not enough for you?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 06:15 PM
I agree.

I have commanders for both Klingon and Fed side playing pvp extensively on the ground side.

I am finding that the ground game has become heavy on the cc side (hold, stun), then expose and exploit.

It's definately taking the fun away and they need to reduce the amount of time one is held, stunned, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't wtf pwn anyone and like others i have to get an expose, line up an exploit etc and if they are moving nades are average. Nades are only really good for blowing up all those fabrications on the ground blocking us from you. To a player its just a small annoying dot which will result in death if you stand in it for the full duration or dont get a heal.
I have really even battles in group and 1v1 it goes either way. Against different opponents sometimes i win sometimes they win its very balanced their imo except anyone that uses mal just chucks it on me and has 20seconds to do whateva they want whilst im helpless and the graphic is so obvious everyone then wants a peice lol.

5 sec stuns holds all that cc is fine and gives them ample time to use some skills and try and expose exploit .
20 sec malfunction wtf am i suppost to do for 20secs??
and that gives them 20 secs to try and retry all their expose and exploits 3times at least which is far too long.
almost every mal ive had chucked on me results in exploit death because they have forever to chuck exposes on me whilst im trying to run away.

Chance on WM on weapons is 5 secs fair enough
WM skill imo should be 10 sec no longer that is a long time
there is cc and then there is overpowered cc

When i finally beet someone that has WM'd me for the full duration then i will stop the whinge but as it stands i cant do anything and am dead before the duration ends over and over. I dont expect to win all the time but i also dont expect to loose everytime because of one skill.

im sticking with my guns
Nerf WM to 10secs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 06:57 AM
I think there are skills to counter it; I see people break it after I've used it on them.

And there are so many other skills/abilities that can leave you not only unable to shoot, but also unable to MOVE or use healing items.

Like getting perma-held. You're just a ragdoll, swaying in the breeze for a long time, plenty of time to be killed. At least if you are WM-ed, you can duck back behind something, or use melee.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusnate
20 sec malfunction wtf am i suppost to do for 20secs??
1) switching weapons asap
2) use whatever skill you like
3) heal a mate/use an hypo
4) so many things to do in 20s...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodarkore View Post
you forgot one

5) **get vaperized for not being able to fight back**
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2010, 01:57 AM
hold-hold-root-stun-knockdown-weapons malfunction-expose-exploit-respawn

Welcome to ground PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 07:15 AM
An engineer properly kitted can remove mechanical debuffs aka weapons malfunction. You should be traveling in a group, so call out to the engineer and have him remove it. It's the same as how Viral Matrix was in space (pre ST fix), except with WM you can still run away and hide behind cover.

Again, you can still run away and hide behind cover, no ones forcing you to stand there.