Lt. Commander
# 1 Aid Relief Missions
02-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Im doing the System Sigma Horologii A-E DA Relief Effor and im not sure what kind of supplies im supposed to find for it, when i try to look in my mission log it says mission text is missing. Anyone able to help me out and let me know what/where im supposed to collect these items?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 10:22 AM
No.

Seems harsh, but no one can tell you, those are gandomly generated mission, so no one else will ever have run that particular mission.

Your options are:
Get 10 of every resource available at the appropriate tier (which also has the benefit that you'll likely be ready when the next one of those mission pops up) and go back to the system, they'll take what they want.
OR
Drop the mission and move on, which is what most people do whether the text is there or not.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Make the mission your primary and go back into it. A window will pop up and ask you if you want to go to the mission. I can't recall if you have to be in the cluster or not to do this.

Once back in, just approach the planet, open a hail and make a note of what they tell you to bring.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 10:29 AM
thanks for the info
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 10:29 AM
I avoid these Aid Planet missions like the plague. They are a waste of EP, even though I dont use them much...I see no reason why a StarFleet Officer has to buy Provisions to offer a planet on behalf of the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
As the story goes, I hand these missions over to the USS Debbie Gibson and move on..........
Lt. Commander
# 7 Do not waite you time
02-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Just exit and start another. It can take weeks to find the item by drop only.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 10:54 AM
It does say in your log what they are looking for, and what i tend to do is grab it, do the regular quests, and let two stay in my log. Then when i hop out of whatever nebula, grab the supplies from one of those roving freighters. Then the next 2/3 are basically done in less than a minute. Quick and easy.

I don't know why people have such a hate on for these, i hate the kill 0/5 patrols WAY more. They just take me so damn long, especially when i don't have optimal weapons, or they keep using that hold thing on me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2010, 11:11 AM
people hate it because they can kill those 5 patrols in the amount of time it takes someone to leave the sector, find a trade ship (which some sector blocks you be lucky to find more then one) buy the items needed, then return to finish the mission. By that time the guy doing the kill missions is already half way thru his next mission.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
people hate it because they can kill those 5 patrols in the amount of time it takes someone to leave the sector, find a trade ship (which some sector blocks you be lucky to find more then one) buy the items needed, then return to finish the mission. By that time the guy doing the kill missions is already half way thru his next mission.
and hasn't been forced to spend a ton of energy credits to boot