Lt. Commander
# 1 Viral Matrix still broken
02-19-2010, 12:04 PM
I just did a pvp match and someone has found a way to make VM still be able to lockdown and science team does nothing to remove it, what they did was hit me with Scramble Sensors, Jam Targeting Sensors, and then VM when i popped Science Team it only removed the other 2 and it wasnt a fluke this was his strategy every single time he went up against anyone. This still needs to be fixed or better yet just remove it from the game or half the ability in PVP make it last maybe 5 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 12:10 PM
What was your team doing?...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 12:13 PM
What rank science team did you toss on it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 12:17 PM
I tested it yesterday, had VM throwed on me a total of 9 times during the night

3 times I had time to hit SciTeam before it hit, and it effectively prevented the effect all 3 times

6 times it was cast so close that I didnt have time to fire up a SciTeam, and the subsequent SciTeam removed the effects 4 times out of 6, both VM and SciTeam were L1 (T3 Fed Cruiser)

Additionally I saw an ally hit by VM 3 times, and all 3 times my SciTeam cleared it.

Seems like its working perfectly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
I tested it yesterday, had VM throwed on me a total of 9 times during the night

3 times I had time to hit SciTeam before it hit, and it effectively prevented the effect all 3 times

6 times it was cast so close that I didnt have time to fire up a SciTeam, and the subsequent SciTeam removed the effects 4 times out of 6, both VM and SciTeam were L1 (T3 Fed Cruiser)

Additionally I saw an ally hit by VM 3 times, and all 3 times my SciTeam cleared it.

Seems like its working perfectly.
I'm yet to bother finding a willing Klingon to test it with me, so I don't know if lower ranks of Science Team remove higher ranks of Viral Matrix....

So I just use Science Team III whenever it is time to cleanse. Hasn't failed me yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 12:23 PM
yeah it works if your being hit with just VM but im talking in sequence he waited till the other 2 abilities were casted on , it hit me a total of 4 seperate times in that one match tried hitting it as soon as i got hit with jam sensors and it failed to work i hit it as soon as scramble and it failed to work i hit it after all 3 and it failed to work. Apparently talking to random people they have said it can only take off a maximum number of science abilities used against you, so yeah they fixed science team to "cure" it but not when used in the way i described.

Science Team II is what i have
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Unless today's patch fixed that accidental 'fix' for viral matrix, any team effect will remove it, currently.
Tactical team, science team or engineering team.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 12:34 PM
right any team right now will remove it but essentially what im seeing now because it just happened again is people are "overloading" (only word that i can think of" the teams (all 3 different ones) ability to remove by stacking debuffs, any of the teams ability to remove debuffs is just up to 2 of them that i have seen, i got hit with hazard emitters by someone else in addition to the other 2 so i had 4 science debuffs on me and it only removed 2 of them with science team and someone hit me with eng team and it removed one but not VM
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2010, 12:42 PM
em I dont think hazzard emitters is a debuff, its a hull regen
regens hull over something like 25 secs
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2010, 12:45 PM
I actually never though of this before, but THAT would be a perfect solution. It kind of sounds like a bug, but maybe science team should only remove...lets say 2 at a time debuffs, and if you stack them right, your VM will stay through one science team.

If that is how it works, they should keep it that way imo.