Lt. Commander
# 11 getting same error to
02-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Hello,
I am a computer technician and like most who have posted here have had no trouble until the latest patch when sto tries to download the newest patch it stalls about 75% through and kills my internet connection even rebooting the dsl modem wont work again i have to fully reboot my computer and I have checked my computer and internet works fine all the time except when I go to download the latest patch only then does my internet connection die and only at the time of downloading the patch am I not able to ping out from my machine and from then on the internet connection wont work until i reboot and that is even if the sto or sto update program is no longer running or even in my process list still wont work until I reboot. and this is only happening since the latest patch release on friday the 19th
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-20-2010, 06:00 AM
After your reboot your modem/router and before you reboot the PC, do you have a valid IP or getting a default MS 169? Does repairing (disable/enable) your NIC help?
Lt. Commander
# 13 erkror 14
02-20-2010, 06:07 AM
that error keeps coming up and loads only 7%
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighscott
After your reboot your modem/router and before you reboot the PC, do you have a valid IP or getting a default MS 169? Does repairing (disable/enable) your NIC help?

Hello,
rebooting the dsl modem did fix it and was able to connect to internet again but as soon as I go to connect to sto the connection drops my isp said it looked like the patch server or servers may be flooding the connection back and that is causing the dsl to become disrupted but even there higher level techs were unsure why it was causing the entire connection to drop they think the patch server maybe overloading the nic I restarted the modem and have had no trouble with the internet connection i dont know if i was to start sto unless i hear of another patch or a update as to what might be going on is there anyway to connect and login to the game without downloaindt he patch?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viathin View Post
Hello,
rebooting the dsl modem did fix it and was able to connect to internet again but as soon as I go to connect to sto the connection drops my isp said it looked like the patch server or servers may be flooding the connection back and that is causing the dsl to become disrupted but even there higher level techs were unsure why it was causing the entire connection to drop they think the patch server maybe overloading the nic I restarted the modem and have had no trouble with the internet connection i dont know if i was to start sto unless i hear of another patch or a update as to what might be going on is there anyway to connect and login to the game without downloaindt he patch?
Is this a USB network interface?

The bottleneck should really be on the DSL provider end, unless the modem simply can't handle very many concurrent connections. I did read some of the cheaper DSL modems out there have limited memory space for connections.

What is the brand and model of your modem?
Lt. Commander
1) Just checking, is the server down, and is their more than one server to play on?

2) Does the forum have a thread that posts notices/updates as to when the system is down and potentially back up?

D-Emperor
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-20-2010, 11:25 AM
hello its a speed stream and according to my isp they said from the packets being transfered once i click on sto to login and download the patch they see in a matter of seconds a flood coming from the patching server this only happens when I go to connect with star trek online and only since friday, I can get on to city f heros no trouble I can get on to world of war craft and play without trouble.
and no I am using ethernet cable from the wall to the dsl modem and from the modem to the pc nic card already tested the nic card and get no packet loss and no issues also no other connectivity issues only when starting star trek online and the patch starts to download.

any way of logging in without having to get the patch it sucks taht you dont have a choice of if you want to apply the patch or not.

[

QUOTE=milehighscott]Is this a USB network interface?

The bottleneck should really be on the DSL provider end, unless the modem simply can't handle very many concurrent connections. I did read some of the cheaper DSL modems out there have limited memory space for connections.

What is the brand and model of your modem?[/quote]
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viathin View Post
hello its a speed stream and according to my isp they said from the packets being transfered once i click on sto to login and download the patch they see in a matter of seconds a flood coming from the patching server
If this is locking your modem up, it sounds to be either like a flood protection or it simply can't handle that many connections at one time (memory allocation/table resource). I've seen several posts about DSL modems crapping out from too many connections.

It was recommend to several to get a non-NAT modem and get your own router (NAT device) to solve those issues. My parents are on Verizon DSL and that is what I did for them.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-20-2010, 01:12 PM
id do that but cant afford to at the moment and this has worked for many other mmor games and has worked fine for thsi one up until the alst patch on friday so it leads me to believe its not something on my end but something having to do with the latest patch or updates. as i said worked fine all the way up until the last patch on friday.
and works fine as long as i dont use star trek online.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Hello,
well unless cryptic fixed the patch system not sure but I think this is working for me now I had to set the nic to full 10 mps turn off all my antivirus programs I also found that for some reason my windows firewall was on i swore tht i had turned that off the first time i had windows so i set that to off and its now downloading I guess the firewall and the antivirus program was helping to cause the to many connections and I also set the flow control to on it was on auto
it is now patching and is not locking up thank you for everyone who had replied trying to help.
hope everyone else that has this problem can get it fixed.