Lt. Commander
# 1 Jem'Hadar Borg Drone
02-19-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm sure there are some here who find the prospect of the Borg battling against the Dominion mouth-watering (and long overdue). I was watching the trailer for Star Trek: Online when a particular scene caught my eye:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/572/hadarborg.jpg

If you want a comparison, see here:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/me...px-Ikatika.jpg

The drone in the picture has a remarkable resemblance to a Jem'Hadar. This scene is halfway through the video and the 'camera' zooms in on him. The camera shot is clearlyintentional and I wonder whether this hints at a possible plot development regarding the Borg and the Dominion (who are 'rebuilding' their forces) about to cross one another with explosive consequences?

What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 01:28 PM
I have often wondered why the borg have never assimilated tribbles......
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Perhaps because Tribbles are like Philadelphia cheese spread; spread over your crackers like no-one's business.

Going back to the topic at hand. Does it look like a Jem'Hadar drone to you?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 01:46 PM
In the borg space missions the end of mission boss is an elite borg drone who is a jem hadar
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Somewhere around here people had posted pictures of Jem'Hadar drones from the tutorial. I didn't notice them when I played through, but I guess there were some hanging around.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach2Infinity View Post
Perhaps because Tribbles are like Philadelphia cheese spread; spread over your crackers like no-one's business.

Going back to the topic at hand. Does it look like a Jem'Hadar drone to you?
I would have to say yes
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2010, 01:53 PM
There's two things to consider when talking about assimilated Jem'Hadar.

The first thing would be that even after assimilation, the organic parts would still require ketracel white to stay alive, as they are all completely dependent on this almost impossible to recreate substance, but the Borg can change physiology in other races enough that they do not require food in the traditional sense of putting plants and meat into a mouth and digesting.

The second thing would be if the Borg did assimilate Jem'Hadar, did they cure the ketracel white problem by either altering them to produce the chemical in their own body, adapt the nanites to produce it, or simply cure the Jem'Hadar of the need for it altogether.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 01:56 PM
I can't remember which mission i read it, but borg nano virus has changed, originally it would only transmit to those who were purposefully infected through tubules, now its infecting all life on planets, plants trees and wild life, so i guess borg tribble must be possible now lol

and yes it looks like a jem'hadar, and i think its cool!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2010, 02:03 PM
In the novel I just read, it mentions that part of the assimilation process is to alter the victim's DNA. So I imagine they could get around the ketracel dependency in some manner ..
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamakai View Post
There's two things to consider when talking about assimilated Jem'Hadar.

The first thing would be that even after assimilation, the organic parts would still require ketracel white to stay alive, as they are all completely dependent on this almost impossible to recreate substance, but the Borg can change physiology in other races enough that they do not require food in the traditional sense of putting plants and meat into a mouth and digesting.

The second thing would be if the Borg did assimilate Jem'Hadar, did they cure the ketracel white problem by either altering them to produce the chemical in their own body, adapt the nanites to produce it, or simply cure the Jem'Hadar of the need for it altogether.
"We are the Borg. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will adapt to service us. "

Think about it for a minute and you'll see the White is probably not a huge issue.