Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Before this thread gets out of hand, Ill come forward and admit that FBP is overpowered at the moment and could use some toning down possibly to 100% damage.

In Borg hunt when I get 4 or 5 cruisers after me (after the initial spawn) and I activate FBP III (with photonic officer, just in case they dont die from the first one) they just pop like balloons

And I only carry one rank of it... seen a few peeps with FBP I , FBP II and FBP III ^^

If not a skill nerf then at least give players the ability to STOP firing when they wish to.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
that would oneshot the base hp of a t5 escort. how is that a remotely sane number?
And? How is an escort doing 50k damage to me, a cruiser in 1 volley a sane number? It does happen and did today. They do a lot of damage and feedback counters them if they're stupid enough to use beams during it. It's more than fine, it could actually use a buff to affect cannons as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpsy
Before this thread gets out of hand, Ill come forward and admit that FBP is overpowered at the moment and could use some toning down possibly to 100% damage.

In Borg hunt when I get 4 or 5 cruisers after me (after the initial spawn) and I activate FBP III (with photonic officer, just in case they dont die from the first one) they just pop like balloons

And I only carry one rank of it... seen a few peeps with FBP I , FBP II and FBP III ^^

If not a skill nerf then at least give players the ability to STOP firing when they wish to.
The ONLY real PvP related overpowered argument is in beam overlord, which you have 100% control over. No one is dying from their 2-4 arrays getting an extra shot off each. If you think that's wrong you're simply going to have to prove it with more than a screenshot of beam overlord feedback.

That is pretty silly for PvE purposes though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-19-2010, 02:57 PM
A feedback of 99.9% is reasonable...there should be no way to exceed that....and thats after working up to it. Its a "feedback"...not a "magically-create-energy-out-of-no-where-back".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
And? How is an escort doing 50k damage to me, a cruiser in 1 volley a sane number? It does happen and did today. They do a lot of damage and feedback counters them if they're stupid enough to use beams during it. It's more than fine, it could actually use a buff to affect cannons as well.
because one takes significantly more effort than the other one (hint: pushing 1 button isn't effort)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Before any of you trolls gets real out of hand calling for nerfs on this ability, please keep in mind we're talking about something that replaces viral matrix 3 here. If you're taking this ability over viral matrix even with science team buffed now, you're simply gimping yourself.

Permanent disable that if they have science team up they can remove (lots of people dont use science team now/have it on cooldown)

or

15s of only beam damage feedback 300% to opponents that they can stop attacking you to prevent all damage. Doesn't work on cannons.

Hmm, which one would I take.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
because one takes significantly more effort than the other one (hint: pushing 1 button isn't effort)
I see you've already fallen down to the video game 'effort argument.' I'll make note to render any further comments you have to be moot. No point explaining how invalid your argument is. If that's your go to you're not worth further words. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
A feedback of 99.9% is reasonable...there should be no way to exceed that....and thats after working up to it. Its a "feedback"...not a "magically-create-energy-out-of-no-where-back".
Ah and right on que Mr. Canon argument shows up. You guys should form a club. You can call it the Misinformation Spreaders.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnawLF
Looks about right. We all knew that FP deals roughly 300% damage back to the player, she got it to around 370% probably by running full Aux power plus a few science consoles with +Deflector Field. You just got caught with your O:B ability.
Is it deflector field or deflector dish that effects its performance?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-19-2010, 03:17 PM
In swg when they added saber reflect for light side jedi, which works similar to feedbackpulse they limited the refelect damage to 100% of the base DPS of your lightsaber.

Each pulse returned should only be calculated form the base damage of the weapon fired at the hull, at the moment its reflecting special damage from a beam overload x 300% - 400%
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47 AM.