Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Is it just me or are enemies throwing and maybe players throwing invisible plasma grenades? I sent a bug report but wondered if anyone else noticed em or didn't would be the correct term. :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Yes I have that problem too, its annoying. I myself cannot see my own photon and plasma grenades when I use them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Does this change at all if you update video settings?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 03:55 PM
I've noticed lately that I can't see my grenades... I messed around withthe video settlings lately... I went from everything to the VERY max (past normal max settings for some stuff) down to max settings with dynamic shadows turned off so that it would stop crashing to desktop in every other ground mission. Not sure if it's the dynamic shadows or if something else got turned off recently to cause the invisible grenades...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Same problem here. Can't see my plasma grenades or the enemy's either. I only know when to dodge when I see the animation of his arm throwing movement.

Edit: Tried changing video settings, no difference. This also affects photon grenades too - I see the arm movement of the enemy and then I get knocked around by a photon, so seems like it's all grenades.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Does this change at all if you update video settings?
Not that I've seen. It seems to be a bug with the latest patch.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2010, 06:59 PM
I had this change on me again. I had this same problem a few weeks ago, but I had made changes to the video settings and when I changed them back it fixed my problem.

However, since then I haven't messed with my video settings and this has disappeared again, and trying to increase them to fix the problem isn't working. In all honesty, even if it is a video setting issue, grenades are something that should persist regardless of what quality level you have your settings.

What's really strange is, I still see smoke grenade's just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 08:24 PM
same problem here, it started with the new patch
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Ditto, either starting with this morning's patch or with the update to nVidia driver 196.21 (GeForce 9800GTX here in Win 7 Ultimate 64), I do not see grenades or their explosion effects, though I see plasma fires on whomever gets ignited.

Tried changing video settings, turning off advanced options and checking with Maximum, Recommended, and Low settings... no change.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Video settings do nothing to help. Im on latest drivers. Others are reporting the same issue. So i guess it is a bug cryptic.