Lt. Commander
It's a bug that just randomly happens. All of a sudden my ship goes back and forth very fast, i can't turn or move much at all. Weapons dont really function either. I've updated my drivers on my video card but no luck.

I'm running Xp 64 and my graphics card is a Geforce 9500 Gt.

I uploaded a video of the bug - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mDL_QZkQrQ
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 03:57 PM
This looks an awful lot like a video draw/lag problem.

I'm moving this over to the tech forum.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Agreed, it looks like severe network lag causing a ton of "rubber banding".
  • Is anything else happening on your home network when this occurs, like large file downloads, torrents, etc.?
  • Is your computer free of viruses, trojans, and malware?
  • If you bring up your Task Manager while playing (CTRL+Shift+ESC), do you see any Network Usage spikes?
These are the first things I would look at, because they're the most likely culprits. Large file transfers across the network/ from the Internet, viruses and malware creating malicious network traffic, or other software culprits could be causing network congestion and horrible gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 04:41 PM
What video drivers are you running. This looks very reminiscent of the problem many of us saw with the NVidia 191 and 195.xx drivers on CO and on STO. If you can't get 196.21 drivers, I suggest you back down to the 190.62 drivers, which many of us used for a long time because they resolved the issue.

Not saying this is YOUR issue, but worth a try to see if it is.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 06:01 PM
I have noticed this too. At random times I would have to press either A or D twice in a row to move left or right. Other times I found out my fingers were incorrectly positioned.:p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 06:56 PM
That's most definitely network lag i.e. your connection.