Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Away team gets sucked away!
02-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Since last patches my away team beams down to a planet with me , but more than often they then appear to get sucked away to the edge of the map and can not get to me , this is now frustrating beyond belief as i havent the stomach to try any more ground missions........
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Which planet or base did you beam down to and see this happen? I'd like to try and replicate this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Cant remember the name , its happened on a few planets , last few times was in the Betreka Nebula in one of the random unexplored systems , last time it was a planet with cardies on.

Away team spawned with me we took out first group next to us then they suddenly appear on edge of map , if i can get to them you cant see them , or they are (im guessing) inside a rock.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Which planet or base did you beam down to and see this happen? I'd like to try and replicate this.
Just because I know of the issue he speaks of...

It is the "world" with the huge mushroom like trees. Everytime i land on that type of planet, i lose half of my away team if they move an inch, and the rest before i get anywhere else. Always seems to be a "engage enemy forces" as well.

I dont know the name, but the type of planet is the same with this issue every time.

Again, they are massively tall mushroom looking trees. Whatever "map" that is, in the whole generator.. is the map with the buggy terrain. Sorry i also cant give you more information.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Well there's several missions that use that terrain - was this an episode in Romulan space, in Federation space - or was it an unknown system in a Star Cluster?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Actually hes correct it has happened on that type of planet , BUT not the last few times , they have been on a barren type desert one with what military buildings and cardies.

Especially seems to happen if theres a cliff drop on the map , even if its not near , they get warped there and cant get back to you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2010, 06:28 PM
It would be awesome to see a video of this if someone has one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 06:49 PM
I have also had this happen several times throughout beta and the rest of the gameplay
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Well there's several missions that use that terrain - was this an episode in Romulan space, in Federation space - or was it an unknown system in a Star Cluster?
I've had this issue as well.

My suspicion is that it's caused by beam in locations on a hill where the away team's feet land below where the ground is by a big enough margin that they fall through. (Ie. beaming down onto a steep hill.)

I believe this is related to a problem I've sent bug reports on where sometimes a wall of a building is missing; I think sometimes the back wall of a building clips through a piece of terrain in a way that either causes it to fall down or become ignored.

Sometimes, even after falling through the map/disappearing, my away team will continue to follow me and I can get them to target an enemy. When this happens, any aggroed enemies disappear and begin engaging my away team wherever they are.

While it wouldn't account for missing rear walls, I did have the alternate thought that somehow my away team could be in another instance but that seems unlikely to account for the wall and I'm not sure if the minimap will display allies who are on the same map but another shard/server the way it will in cross-server LFG groups in ******** or when you have people saved to different instances in a group together there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
It would be awesome to see a video of this if someone has one.
Well I know Klingon players won't have any videos of this, we still can't use our Bridge Officers on a ground mission.