Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-19-2010, 06:50 PM
"Awayteam vanishes, crates buried, - #605092".. please refer to my support ticket history, and you will find the exact mission or map name.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2010, 06:57 PM
from my own experiences, and accounts from other people, it seems to only happen on exploration cluster ground missions. That should narrow it down to a problem down. Anyone having it happen during a storyline/patrol mission?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Seen this happen as well, but it's not the beam in point that's messed up, it's the terrain. Only had it happen to me in Borg explore missions, but when it does the Borg on the map are bugged as well. The either not more at all (while you slowly pick them off), or they'll attempt to move and randomly fall through the world as well. I have seen it on the mushroom map you speak of but also on one other earlier tonight. Only had it happen on Kill X enemy squad missions so far.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Well there's several missions that use that terrain - was this an episode in Romulan space, in Federation space - or was it an unknown system in a Star Cluster?
Only in star clusters for me. So what i say below, only related to star cluster "unknown's".

This has happened since.. hmm.. romulan space, clear into borg. I still get them in the gamma sector star cluster.. but not nearly as much as i did in romulan star clusters.

And yeah.. it might be some others... but the only trend i have noticed that is consistent with what i have experienced.. is that if I see the mushroom tree's, I know my bo's will disapear. This also effects the enemies. They do the same.

I guess it is like cage of fire map. Where bo's and enemies get stuck? They cant move, act, sometimes. Well in this instance, they fall to the bottom of the planet. I think it is holes and they are falling like you sometimes do if you load in before the terrain does? But this seems to last.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Which planet or base did you beam down to and see this happen? I'd like to try and replicate this.
Quote:
It would be awesome to see a video of this if someone has one.
Check my tickets, I have just what you are after I think Youtube video

I didn't manage to catch them in the act of disappearing, but it was definitely reproducable after relogging twice!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-19-2010, 09:56 PM
I've bugged this issue before as well. I tend to get it on planets in the Clusters. Primarily what seems to be happening is not that the team gets sucked to the edge of the map, but rather that they fall through the terrain. Holes that I can't fall into. This makes many of the missions on these planets almost uncompleatable, especially since other NPCs will fall through the terrain as well (although sometimes they will respawn to their original location, at least.)

Relatedly there are also plenty of places where anomolies will be under the terrain, too, and therefore not retrievable.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes
from my own experiences, and accounts from other people, it seems to only happen on exploration cluster ground missions. That should narrow it down to a problem down. Anyone having it happen during a storyline/patrol mission?
My guess is that exploration missions go through an accelerated testing cycle given how many of them there are and that the issue is with one or more specific maps.

All of my issues have been with the map that's a 2x6 grid of Klingon buildings in a desert-like landscape. I've had different issues, mind you, and there are different mission types set in locations like this. The big issue seems to be the very rigid polygonal nature of certain game features which don't mesh with the gentle rolling terrain. Hills and peaks have never presented a problem but gentle ground bumps and slopes do seem problematic.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-19-2010, 11:38 PM
If it can be isolated to which types of terrain causes the effect, they can be closely looked at. As is, looking through all the terrain information, not cool. I will say, that like someone else, I noticed it happening with large "mushroom" like rocks on a desert like planet. I was fighting Cardassians at the time. Another time, I think the same rock formations and desert plains, fighting Gorn.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
Since last patches my away team beams down to a planet with me , but more than often they then appear to get sucked away to the edge of the map and can not get to me , this is now frustrating beyond belief as i havent the stomach to try any more ground missions........
Quote:
Which planet or base did you beam down to and see this happen? I'd like to try and replicate this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuggy
Just because I know of the issue he speaks of...

It is the "world" with the huge mushroom like trees. Everytime i land on that type of planet, i lose half of my away team if they move an inch, and the rest before i get anywhere else. Always seems to be a "engage enemy forces" as well.

I dont know the name, but the type of planet is the same with this issue every time.

Again, they are massively tall mushroom looking trees. Whatever "map" that is, in the whole generator.. is the map with the buggy terrain. Sorry i also cant give you more information.

i had submitted a ticket on the planet in question.. the ticket says processed. but as you cant see the ticket number when you are looking up tickets i cant give you the exact number of my ticket as it was a few days ago. the terrain essentially is if you think of a mushroom flatten out the top head of it and make it out of concrete.

did a internet search for pictures that i believe have the same ground terrain in them.. and here is what i found

http://cache.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/18252...rek-Online.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
It would be awesome to see a video of this if someone has one.
I almost did a video but, was wondering just how I would upload one to the forums here to be reviewed. In my case, which was posted eariler, the planet is Sigma Lyncis - 4731-A.

What appears to be happening with my Away Team is that they are being sucked into the Medical Crates like it's some kind of black hole. Once they're gone...they do not return. Their Status Icons are still seen and I even saw one BO doing a QuickFix via his Stats.

I"ll make sure to have FRAPS running tonight in case it's still happening.