Lt. Commander
# 1 Auto facing = fail pvp
02-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Its just been my opinion, and experiecne so far, that games which "Auto face" your target in pvp just dont do well in a pvp aspect. EQ, EQ2, WoW, ****, you must be facing your target to hit them else you get a message "must be facing your target!"

STO? naaaah he can be behind me, pressing the pew pew button spins me around to smack him in the face...with a lazer. Lame like **** pvp =\
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 02:39 PM
it always messes me up when im trying to get around or pull back for cover...my player ends up showing off his skills at back pedalling.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskwood
Its just been my opinion, and experiecne so far, that games which "Auto face" your target in pvp just dont do well in a pvp aspect. EQ, EQ2, WoW, ****, you must be facing your target to hit them else you get a message "must be facing your target!"

STO? naaaah he can be behind me, pressing the pew pew button spins me around to smack him in the face...with a lazer. Lame like **** pvp =\
Well, in my opinion I would have to say that you have not had a lot of experience so far if any. You fail at the basic understanding of Beams VS Cannons and at the existance of a 90' arc for abilities such as Subnuc Beam or Aceton Field. You also failed to understand that the PvP in STO is not so much as position based (like PotBS where position and facing is everything) but more abilties based. L2P.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnawLF
Well, in my opinion I would have to say that you have not had a lot of experience so far if any. You fail at the basic understanding of Beams VS Cannons and at the existance of a 90' arc for abilities such as Subnuc Beam or Aceton Field. You also failed to understand that the PvP in STO is not so much as position based (like PotBS where position and facing is everything) but more abilties based. L2P.
He was talking about ground combat. Thanks for the laugh though!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
lol lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2010, 03:12 PM
SWG auto faces and that system work fine. You talk about WoW certain spells whilst casting auto face you also.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 03:18 PM
OP is just mad that hopping around in circles doesn't make him better than the other noobs anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevensided View Post
He was talking about ground combat. Thanks for the laugh though!
Sorry, I am a Klink, what ground combat?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotATerrorist
OP is just mad that hopping around in circles doesn't make him better than the other noobs anymore.
This.

Ten characters.