Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-19-2010, 11:13 PM
I usually just go loot crazy in ground maps to get items. I want to love my Engineer, but that 50% Science expose is just so appealing. I don't think I have the time to devote to getting him caught up to my Engineer, and I have no interest in Science Vessels.

I just want more utility as Eng, I guess. I feel a little selfish when I run around with weapons malfunction and some self shield regen/energy bonuses. I'd like to be excited about getting drones so I can still be support- just more mobile.

Are the drones decent?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime
I usually just go loot crazy in ground maps to get items. I want to love my Engineer, but that 50% Science expose is just so appealing. I don't think I have the time to devote to getting him caught up to my Engineer, and I have no interest in Science Vessels.

I just want more utility as Eng, I guess. I feel a little selfish when I run around with weapons malfunction and some self shield regen/energy bonuses. I'd like to be excited about getting drones so I can still be support- just more mobile.

Are the drones decent?

I would love to tell you that drones are decent, but the engineers I always notice are the ones using weapon malfunction...it ****es me off! lol

The only time I have really been annoyed by deployables is when I went against a team with three engineers who has ground deployables and drones...talk about a lot of targets...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrishmal View Post
I would love to tell you that drones are decent, but the engineers I always notice are the ones using weapon malfunction...it ****es me off! lol

The only time I have really been annoyed by deployables is when I went against a team with three engineers who has ground deployables and drones...talk about a lot of targets...
Yeah, it seems like fabrications are only great en masse.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime
I've run into a few games where I get one shot because I get exploited by a crowd of KDF so quickly. Is there a trick to this? Is this simply luck? Gear based? What?

I'd love to figure out this secret, or at least a way to defend myself. I don't like being incinerated.
Roll a Science Officer and get the hold / aoe shield attack Kit. You'll have 5 or 6 expose attacks that you can spam on enemies. With a 10% chance to expose on each of those abilities, it won't take very long to be able to one-shot a player. In fact, there have been many times I've used my AoE shield attack ability and then shot my Split Beam Rifle and one-shot 3 people at once.

Cryptic: Nerf exploit damage, reduce the chance to expose from abilities, or just remove expose/exploit from ground pvp. It's just lame.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avernius
Cryptic: Nerf exploit damage, reduce the chance to expose from abilities, or just remove expose/exploit from ground pvp. It's just lame.
I agree!

Especially when a small group can totally dominate by using constant expose / exploit attacks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein
Blue side I think the only place to buy large hypos is ds9. The pvp shop id 2 sectors away. Plus some people pve, which means they need space in their inv. There really needs to be more potion shops blue side. And less explortion shops that noone ever uses/
They should be using them. You can't level efficiently without doing explore missions and why wouldn't you do them? They're great xp and the gear you can get for ones at your level is great - there's 0 need to buy anything with credits for your ship.

I'm perfectly happy with my +3 EPS consoles x2 that I got from doing explore missions along with my MK X quantums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime
Yeah, it seems like fabrications are only great en masse.
I love fabrication on my engineer, honestly. In T3, I've been able to make great use of the forcefield dome to route enemy groups and/or block doorways to pick off melee-heavy enemies. In addition, in one-on-one situations the extra firepower from the turret makes ALL the difference (routel the person so the turret or you are ALWAYS flanking). The shield generator is also very helpful when defending a corridor, though the health generator is admittedly a waste (Seriously? Never heals above 1hp per tick?). In general, I top the damage charts for my team, and sometimes even out-damage the top klinger as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-22-2010, 09:36 AM
I've come to believe that Split Beam rifles are actually a bug...they were supposed to split their high damage 3 ways, but actually do full damage to all 3. That makes them OP vs other weapon types.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I've come to believe that Split Beam rifles are actually a bug...they were supposed to split their high damage 3 ways, but actually do full damage to all 3. That makes them OP vs other weapon types.
Eh, I don't know about that. The sniper rifles do about the same damage, but also have a good chance to knockback, which is VERY helpful in interrupting/delaying enemy actions (I'd say they should do a bit more damage, though, since they have a delay before firing). I'm a bit surprised you're up about the split beams rather than the pulse wave rifles that do the same amount of damage as exploit weapons, to a group, and with a chance to exploit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-22-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm not exactly complaining, I'm just saying I think Cryptic did not intend their behavior. And cone AoE weapons almost never hit multiple targets (in PvP).
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 PM.