Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Federation Cloak
02-19-2010, 03:33 PM
I did search a bit and did not find any thread describing this, so i guess this is a new one.

Today i was abel to "cloak" my federation ship.
At first i didn't notice it, but then i heard the decloaking noise and it did look like that my ship was dekloaking.
At first i was "wait that didn't jut happen..." so i retraced my steps and tried to get my ship cloaked.
Adittionaly i asked a friend i was doing mission with if he can see what i see and he told me that i was actualy cloaked.
here some screenshots
http://img186.imageshack.us/i/screen...021920444.jpg/
http://img59.imageshack.us/i/screens...021919321.jpg/
http://img15.imageshack.us/i/screens...021919320.jpg/
http://img145.imageshack.us/i/screen...021919320.jpg/
http://img704.imageshack.us/i/screen...021919281.jpg/

So here is what happened and how i was able to do it.
While doing an exploration ground mission i used my kit to cloak me on the ground.
I did it shortly before we finished the mission. So i was still cloaked whe we did beam out. And so i noticed, my ship did stay cloaked for a few seconds.
I tried this to check if it does always happen, and yes it does.
So i went to my bridge, acivated my personal cloak returned to the tactical view and ... cloaked ship again.
Same on DS9 just before beaming out i activated my cloak and it worked again.
It even did work missions where you have a ground mission part and then beam up to space to have a battle.
So i tried it again to see if it was only "cosmetical".
After returning to space an enemy group spawned right next to us 3-5 km and... they did ignore me.
So the cloak did seem to work.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Excellent detective work. Forwarding this to the designers asap.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 04:05 PM
That's a pretty odd bug. How long does it persist in the ship?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Looks like none or not all of your charakter buffs are erased when you transform back into ship mode.
Maybe not the best solution to have the same character-object be ship and humanoid.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 04:17 PM
dstahl, I'd like to follow up with a tangential "holdover" from space to ground to space to ground.

Zoom distance on the minimap.

When I'm in space, I want the minimap to be zoomed out to maximum zoom, so as to be able to see things around me as far away as possible (since 30kms is different from 30m).

When I'm on the ground, I want the minimap to be zoomed in reasonably close, so as to be able to see the nearby rooms/terrain in sufficient detail so as to be able to localize where enemy groups are and terrain features/corridors.

Problem is ... the zoom distance is held in common for both space and ground ... so if I'm zoomed all the way out in space, when I beam down to the ground the minimap is zoomed all the way out. This means the first thing I do upon beaming down is zoom in the minimap to be able to (usefully) see anything around me to get my bearings. Same thing happens in reverse when I beam up. The minimap stays zoomed way in close and I have to spend time zooming it out just to be able to see where any (local) hostiles are in relation to my ship.

And the same thing happens when entering Warp Space to travel sectors. I'm constantly having to mess around with the zoom factor on the minimap whenever I zone so as to be able to "see" what's around me.

Would LOVE to have the minimap "remember" zoom settings for space, warp space and ground as individual (set it and forget it) zoom settings.

Like I said ... tangential to the OP issue, but possibly related in the sense of using a single parameter for too many common functions which carry over from space to ground to space to ground.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 04:24 PM
As a side note, since the Romulan treaty really no longer applies... I mean, their homeworld is gone and they were conquered... right? ... why doesn't the Federation use cloaking technology?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Because cloak is the only thing Klingon's have. Take that advantage away and there will be even fewer Klinks.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoholic View Post
As a side note, since the Romulan treaty really no longer applies... I mean, their homeworld is gone and they were conquered... right? ... why doesn't the Federation use cloaking technology?
They weren't conquered, and over a billion Romulans and however many Remans are still around.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2010, 04:38 PM
i've often notice ground tribble buffs still showing up when in space. might these buffs work too?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilag
and over a billion Romulans
I would multiply that by 100. And I'm not talking about NPC's in STO. The Romulans left Vulcan millenia ago, and have been expanding for a very, very long time. There are easily trillions of them. The real hurt to the Romulan people was the psychological loss of their "homeworld," not the populational loss of its inhabitants. The people who died when the Hobus nova wiped the Romulus system off the map is a drop in the proverbial ocean.