Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Scientific Mission bug?
02-19-2010, 03:34 PM
The "Scientific MIssion" mission requires that I scan three asteroids inside the Celes Nebula. The only problem is that the asteroids are inside pockets of gas that deal damage to my ship. However, when I take any kind of damage, it cancels my scanning. I've tried doing this both while moving and while stationary.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Hey there! I'm looking into this issue, and I've got a few questions, if you don't mind?

First and foremost - can you provide a screenshot? That would help a LOT.

In the mean time, however, this is a tricky bug. The reason being that these asteroids are set to be interactable regardless of damage. The thought is that perhaps you're too far away from the asteroids so you can't interact with them, or perhaps you're accidentally trying to scan an anomaly instead of an asteroid?

If you wouldn't mind helping out on this, what would be most useful is if you could try the mission again, and then submit a bug report? When you submit the bug report, it will include a screenshot and some other information that could be very useful for us in finding this bug.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Make sure you don't press any action keys while the scanning is taking place (shield reinforcement, weapons, abilities, etc.), as actions cancel scanning.

Also, I don't know why, but pretty much every time I interact with a space object, I have to click the interaction button more than once. The first click makes the button go away, but the action doesn't activate and the button returns in a second to be clicked again. The second time usually works, at least, with a rare third click being needed.

This doesn't sound like your problem, though. You seem to be saying that you can't complete the scan because it always gets interrupted during the process.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
Make sure you don't press any action keys while the scanning is taking place (shield reinforcement, weapons, abilities, etc.), as actions cancel scanning.

Also, I don't know why, but pretty much every time I interact with a space object, I have to click the interaction button more than once. The first click makes the button go away, but the action doesn't activate and the button returns in a second to be clicked again. The second time usually works, at least, with a rare third click being needed.

This doesn't sound like your problem, though. You seem to be saying that you can't complete the scan because it always gets interrupted during the process.
Have this problem as well, hit F a couple of times and see if the scan still breaks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post

This is the problem I'm having. I have to keep pressing the button, and pressing F to try it that way, but it never works. I've always assumed that it was because it was getting interrupted.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2010, 12:39 AM
I was having trouble too but then found if i flew inside the asteroid and turn off engines i could scan it. I was floating right above the blue crystal structures. The second one just had to get close to the blue crystals and stop engines and it worked...same with the third...u have to get right up close to the blue crystals. Hope this helps