Lt. Commander
# 1 STO website message spammed
02-19-2010, 05:31 PM
I logged in today to activate my retail key and noticed I had 41 mail messages. I immediately thought some administrator has been trying to frantically reach me because I never have messages in anything aside from email.

Well, I logged into my message inbox and noticed a ton of spam of ads selling STO resources. It kind of perturbed me, but no big deal, right? The oldest one was Jan 31 and the newest was just today, so in 20 days I got roughly 40 messages so I'm getting about 2 a day. I figure I'll just delete these and just keep an eye on it to see if it gets any better to allow STO spam filters to kick in.

SO, the problem is when I select all and then try to delete the selected, it WILL NOT delete my messages. SO, WTF STO. I tried to select a single message and delete and that wouldn't work either.

In regards to this, I know to hold much hope for the PM spam to stop when the PM board isn't even working right.

Can anyone provide some reassuring words that maybe the PM spam may get under control and that the PM delete function is working and I'm just below stupid that I can't figure out how to remove a message?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 05:34 PM
I am having similar problems. I just logged on and now I cannot delete my email from the inbox.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Soon after posting this. I tried to go back to my Private Messages which was still displaying (41). I used the Private Messages button under the welcome and last visit info on the forum page. It took me all the way back to the main page where I had to click on ENTER OFFICIAL SITE again. Once I did that my PM inbox updated and showed (0) messages. So, I'm glad that's taken care of. Now, hopefully these ads will stop showing up.