Lt. Commander
# 1 Possibly a stupid question?
08-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to stop my bridge officers healing abilitities from auto targetting my allies in the middle of a battle, its very irritating, gets me killed sometimes and I also lose my target, any way to fix this?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-19-2010, 08:21 PM
wait wait wait, you want your bridge officers to not heal you because it kills you? I think something else is going on here. From the sound of it you are experiencing something else. Lets say you are targeting an enemy, and that enemy is targeting one of your bridge officers. Now you use an ability for yourself. Some abilities can also be use on your allies. Since the enemy you are targeting is targeting your bridge officer than the ability you have used gets applied to that bridge officer instead of you.

I hope that makes sense, if not I'll try to clarify.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-19-2010, 08:24 PM
No, whats going on is say I go to use Science team on myself to fix my shields, I hit it and it automatically shifts my target lock onto the nearest friendly ship and heals them instead, not that I have anything against supporting my allies but It happens at bad times sometimes, hope im making sense?
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
wait wait wait, you want your bridge officers to not heal you because it kills you? I think something else is going on here. From the sound of it you are experiencing something else. Lets say you are targeting an enemy, and that enemy is targeting one of your bridge officers. Now you use an ability for yourself. Some abilities can also be use on your allies. Since the enemy you are targeting is targeting your bridge officer than the ability you have used gets applied to that bridge officer instead of you.

I hope that makes sense, if not I'll try to clarify.
I think he is talking about space combat. I have healed myself to death too on occasion, when my lifesaving engineering team ended up on an ally with full hull points.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderlegs
No, whats going on is say I go to use Science team on myself to fix my shields, I hit it and it automatically shifts my target lock onto the nearest friendly ship and heals them instead, not that I have anything against supporting my allies but It happens at bad times sometimes, hope im making sense?
That's exactly what I am describing. This reason this happens is because the enemy you are attacking is targeting a friendly. As far as I know the only way around this is to un-target the enemy, use the skill, then re-target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I think he is talking about space combat. I have healed myself to death too on occasion, when my lifesaving engineering team ended up on an ally with full hull points.
It happens in both space and ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Yeah... that's frustrating. I think that it should go toward healing your damage first and then spread to nearby allies. A fix for this would be greatly appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-19-2010, 08:30 PM
There's an option under controls.

It's called 'assist target on attack'. Turning it off will mean you no longer heal your targets target.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
That's exactly what I am describing. This reason this happens is because the enemy you are attacking is targeting a friendly. As far as I know the only way around this is to un-target the enemy, use the skill, then re-target.

No, you just need to go into your options. In the controls tab under the space setting. Make sure "Assist target on attack" is set to off.

Then all heals will go to yourself each and every time regardless of who is targeted.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-19-2010, 08:31 PM
ah cool, thanks guys, thats a great help
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderlegs
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to stop my bridge officers healing abilitities from auto targetting my allies in the middle of a battle, its very irritating, gets me killed sometimes and I also lose my target, any way to fix this?

Thanks
Ah! What it's doing there is using the Assist function. When you are targeting an enemy your skills work on the target of the enemy, instead of you.

I've found that the best way to counter this is to target blank space before using the skill.