Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Emotes have no sound
02-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Is it me and my crappy system or do the emotes have no sound?

I'm hoping it's my system (although ALL other sound is working...) as the pre-order bonus of the 'famous KAAAHHHN!!' line emote and the bloodwine toast are SILENT...

Bit stupid to have a bonus of a famous quote and he just mimes with a crappy bubble over his head..

Yet another let down? Thought, ideas?

CDR Blacksey
USS LYNX
NX 910069
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Emotes are poor there just things u would find in the sims games, not really fitting in trek, maybe other mmos but not trek. It would need voices it needs proper trek sayings and movements. Some arnt bad like salute but the dances are so naff and theres emotes that have text bubbles. It should be voiced i mean when you have conversations with others you dont write and put it above ur head for them to read do you. And i know you dont have convos this way as theres txt chat panel but that doesnt show physical expressions or actions like emotes do so we or i at least would like to see more trek emotes, that are above to convay what i want to say and speak it to them through a voice fitting of my char so it looks a bit more realistic than the current system.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Emotes only add to the game, not take away from it. LotRo, WoW, they where fun to use!!

Just think of a Klingon actually saying Ka'Pla(sp?) would be pretty cool imo!

Game was rushed we all know this, lets just hope Crytpic adds them in the future!