Lt. Commander
I have a Realtek soundboard on my laptop, i have seen and tried the advices under the realtek problem solving topic.
I always had sound problems (that lead into a crash to desktop)whenever Nimoy spoke when entering a new region , but just in that particular situation.

I updated my sound drivers, my video drivers, rechecked Dx even...

and then i arrived at DS9.
My character is stuck there, why?
because as soon as i log the game crashes refering to a problem in a sound file (and yes i already verified the integrity of the game files) and i hear a endless soundloop in the game while it is frozen (the image is frozen).

I enjoyed the game so far, but having lost hours trying to solve this matter i'am afraid its just another one i will have to leave in the shelf if i cant get some help on this issue.
My real problem comes from this exactly,having done every single driver update possible and tried every trick i could remind myself off what is there left to do?!

Any help is apreciated , specially drom Cryptic.

edit

Windows vista ultimate 32 bits
intel core duo T5450 1.66 Ghz
4 Gb Ram
Nvidia Gforce 8400M GS
Realtek high definition audio

Edit 2: (transcript of the error)

Fatal error

Fatal error: corrupt pig file detected
read failed for the file: sound/win32/Music_ds9.fsb

Technical details: ./piggs/sound.hogg:sound/win32/music_ds9.fsb:
Read failed for file: Sound/win32/Music_ds9.fsb
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Anyone got a similar problem?
Or anyone had the same problem and found a solution?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 10:56 PM
realtek driver have problems in this game specially the 64 bit ones which is why they are disabled in the game by default.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Yes that much i gathered , but what am i to do now?!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2010, 03:32 AM
Delete the file sounds.hogg and run forceverify (possibly dll files,gameclient.exe and exes.hogg. It will redownload those to ensure they aren corrupt. It's an extreme way, but it'll make sure you havent got corrupt files.

You could also run the game in safe mode from the launcher as a troubleshooting exercise, and see if you encounter the same problem.

If after all this, you still encounter corrupt files, it's safe to say it isnt the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2010, 07:02 AM
Thank you tedgp123, i will try your advices, i already tried the safe mode to no effect .
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Delete the file sounds.hogg and run forceverify (possibly dll files,gameclient.exe and exes.hogg. It will redownload those to ensure they aren corrupt. It's an extreme way, but it'll make sure you havent got corrupt files.

You could also run the game in safe mode from the launcher as a troubleshooting exercise, and see if you encounter the same problem.

If after all this, you still encounter corrupt files, it's safe to say it isnt the game.

Many thanks Tedgp123, seems it worked, for some reason steam didnt update some files in my computer.
After all this trouble it was a Steam glitch :/.
Thank you once again for your precious help.

-SUBJECT IS DEAD! -