Lt. Commander
I've sent tickets about my problem and have gotten NO responce.
I paid for the game and have 30 days free play to see if I want to continue. However, at this point, by the time my 30 days is up, I will have no time left to judge if this is a game worth playing to play. Nothing is being done. Servers have been down for 3 DAYS STRAIGHT. I also keep getting a message I need to contact billing support, which I have done and again gotten NO responce. Would YOU want to pay to play this game if it happened to you? I think not.

I would like to enjoy the 30 days I have paid for. I would like to get a responce of SOME kind via the tickets I have submitted. I would like to get SOME help and explinations. I do NOT want a typical responce of "sorry this and sorry that." becuase all those are are empty replies that are cut-n-pasted.

Things like this are important to how a game makes it or breaks it. I should have trusted the MANY complaints I read about this game before I bought it, but I made the mistake in guessing that it was just people trying to give the game a bad name for no reason.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragynWulf007 View Post
I've sent tickets about my problem and have gotten NO responce.
I paid for the game and have 30 days free play to see if I want to continue. However, at this point, by the time my 30 days is up, I will have no time left to judge if this is a game worth playing to play. Nothing is being done. Servers have been down for 3 DAYS STRAIGHT. I also keep getting a message I need to contact billing support, which I have done and again gotten NO responce. Would YOU want to pay to play this game if it happened to you? I think not.

I would like to enjoy the 30 days I have paid for. I would like to get a responce of SOME kind via the tickets I have submitted. I would like to get SOME help and explinations. I do NOT want a typical responce of "sorry this and sorry that." becuase all those are are empty replies that are cut-n-pasted.

Things like this are important to how a game makes it or breaks it. I should have trusted the MANY complaints I read about this game before I bought it, but I made the mistake in guessing that it was just people trying to give the game a bad name for no reason.
register a retail code to your account. the launcher will always show server down until you register a key and create a valid subscription.

In short, it's YOUR fault your account is not working, not cryptics. Sorry of that sounds harsh, but a simple forum search would have benefited you more, instead of listening to forum trolls who have zero clue about the game, or tech problems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2010, 04:02 AM
if youve entered your full product activation code you still need to enter either your credit card details or the code from a game time card before you can logon to STO
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2010, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
register a retail code to your account. the launcher will always show server down until you register a key and create a valid subscription.

In short, it's YOUR fault your account is not working, not cryptics. Sorry of that sounds harsh, but a simple forum search would have benefited you more, instead of listening to forum trolls who have zero clue about the game, or tech problems.
I can't agree with you. I've registered, paid for one year, and played for the first week or two after release. Then, suddenly, it won't allow me to logon to the server. I did not change anything at my end, they did.

Recommend no one new purchase this service at this time.

Bill
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pausanias
I can't agree with you. I've registered, paid for one year, and played for the first week or two after release. Then, suddenly, it won't allow me to logon to the server. I did not change anything at my end, they did.

Recommend no one new purchase this service at this time.

Bill
You have been reported for trolling. Please stop it. If you really want to troll, then go to the general discussion forums. Not here.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2010, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

No, in short it is NOT my fault. I registered the retail code. I followed protocal and when I could not log on, I submitted a ticket and have gotten NO response other than the automated responce which is nothing.

I did a forum search. I did not find the answer. Please do not try and act all high and mighty and assume you know what I did and didn't do.

I did NOT listen to forum trolls because if I had, then would have NEVER have bought the game in the first place. If you would have read what I said, instead of acting high and mighty, you would have understood that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragynWulf007 View Post
No, in short it is NOT my fault. I registered the retail code. I followed protocal and when I could not log on, I submitted a ticket and have gotten NO response other than the automated responce which is nothing.

I did a forum search. I did not find the answer. Please do not try and act all high and mighty and assume you know what I did and didn't do.

I did NOT listen to forum trolls because if I had, then would have NEVER have bought the game in the first place. If you would have read what I said, instead of acting high and mighty, you would have understood that.
The thing is, your symptoms sound like no retail code. Did you get the 1 year subscription as part of the preorder or did you set it up when registering your retail code?

Going to spell out steps for retail at least, don't know with digital delivery since I have no personal knowledge of where the retail keys are located there, but here goes.

http://www.startrekonline.com/activate
Find your retail key, for retail distributions, it's on the back of the manual. Enter it.
That should cover it for you, since it looks like you got one of the prelaunch 1year subs, but not positive there. It may ask you for billing information again, in which case, don't really worry, it's not going to charge you again [caveat : you are using the same account information and didn't just create a new account] until your 30 days is up [not sure how the 1year sub works with this, it may be 30days+12monthes for that setup, in anycase, but that's specifics to your scenario].

I can assure you that the servers have not been down for the past 3 days though, and your timeframe tends to matches one of the pre-order grace period cutoffs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-20-2010, 07:12 AM
when you entered the retail code from the game it should have taken you to a subscription page where you select a renewing subscription.(required) you then are taken to payment option where you enter either a credit card, a game time card or paypal account (also required) once the payment method is verified your account is active(and the big think tricking people up is the verifaction)

when active you will have the 30 days game time and you will be charged for your subscription at the end of the 30 days.

your account will show retail game in the product feature and a subscription section active with a play until date 20 days from when you activated the game. grace period for playing with only the pre-order key ended.

What is shown on your account page?

if your account page shows as stated above then billing will need to look at the account. ticket coded for billing or the fastest method is by phone although it is a paid phone call.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-20-2010, 07:30 AM
I was feeling excessively nice, so I confirmed, you do indeed have no retail key or sub setup. You will have to do that first.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Well i've been having similar if not the same issue.
I bought the game 3 days ago and have still not been able to register the product key or game card key.

I must have attempted this close to a 100 times now and continue to get the "Server is down" message.

I raised a ticket, after 2 days, someone from Cryptic responded but all they said was that apologised for the time it took to respond and that they had an overwhelming response to the game which is what is causing the error.
I was so ****ed that they didn't even try to help, just fobbed me off with what was most likely a cut and paste reply.

Since then, i still haven't heard back from them and i still haven't been able to log into the game.

Best $80 i've ever spent.... Way to go Cryptic....