Lt. Commander
# 11
02-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowiiee View Post
I must have attempted this close to a 100 times now and continue to get the "Server is down" message. .
You are going to http://www.startrekonline.com/activate right? A friend just activate his key no problems on the first try.

If the page isn't responding, use Ctrl+F5
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowiiee View Post
Well i've been having similar if not the same issue.
I bought the game 3 days ago and have still not been able to register the product key or game card key.

I must have attempted this close to a 100 times now and continue to get the "Server is down" message.

I raised a ticket, after 2 days, someone from Cryptic responded but all they said was that apologised for the time it took to respond and that they had an overwhelming response to the game which is what is causing the error.
I was so ****ed that they didn't even try to help, just fobbed me off with what was most likely a cut and paste reply.

Since then, i still haven't heard back from them and i still haven't been able to log into the game.

Best $80 i've ever spent.... Way to go Cryptic....
You are getting a server is down message when trying to register your product key?

[ edit / add ]
Might be a good idea to change the launcher/error message for situations where you don't have access to the server to suggest validating the retail key.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
You have been reported for trolling. Please stop it. If you really want to troll, then go to the general discussion forums. Not here.
In truth, if I get a refund, or a working product, I promise never to post a complaint anywhere again. If posting the truth, to make sure possible purchasers are aware, offends you so be it.

I post here, and every where, because when first posting and when opening tickets I get no response. If that offends you so be it. Iif the product was supported there would be no reason to post anywhere.

Should the company chose to censor me in stead of resonding to my posting and tickets, well that says more than I could say.

[edit]

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir

PS : don't spam the forum
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
I was feeling excessively nice, so I confirmed, you do indeed have no retail key or sub setup. You will have to do that first.
Yay coderanger!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-20-2010, 01:30 PM
In almost all of this kind of post, I see the same thing. People who have not entered their retail keys, complaining about not being able to play the game. What I don't see is where they're posting their info from the account page.

to get to your account page, go to http://www.startrekonline.com/ and login. the page witll update, click on the "my account" link.
Your account info will now show in a box, it'll look something something like this:

Star Trek Online

Activated Features

* Star Trek Online Closed Beta
* Star Trek Online - Preorder
* Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription
* Star Trek Online - Collector's Edition
* Guaranteed Closed Beta Access - View Status

Subscriptions

* ACTIVE

The important line for my account is this one: * Star Trek Online - Collector's Edition that means I entered my retail key properly. the green ACTIVE for the Subscription also shows that my account is working properly.

Not everyone is going to have exactly what I have, but you must have something in there that reflects you having entered your retail key, or it not going to let you in the game. If you have all that, the by all means post it is as well as your complaint, doing so will help when people try to help YOU.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehlubb View Post
In almost all of this kind of post, I see the same thing. People who have not entered their retail keys, complaining about not being able to play the game. What I don't see is where they're posting their info from the account page.

to get to your account page, go to http://www.startrekonline.com/ and login. the page witll update, click on the "my account" link.
Your account info will now show in a box, it'll look something something like this:

Star Trek Online

Activated Features

* Star Trek Online Closed Beta
* Star Trek Online - Preorder
* Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription
* Star Trek Online - Collector's Edition
* Guaranteed Closed Beta Access - View Status

Subscriptions

* ACTIVE

The important line for my account is this one: * Star Trek Online - Collector's Edition that means I entered my retail key properly. the green ACTIVE for the Subscription also shows that my account is working properly.

Not everyone is going to have exactly what I have, but you must have something in there that reflects you having entered your retail key, or it not going to let you in the game. If you have all that, the by all means post it is as well as your complaint, doing so will help when people try to help YOU.
Did it already.
Got NOTHING.
Got NOTHING from Bill Support.
Got NO help at all.
Everone trying to help is not.
The ONE I NEED to help (Cryptic Studios) is refusing to help. I've contacted Billing Support as directed. Got NOTHING. If they are going to direct you to contact them, they NEED to do their part and respond.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragynWulf007 View Post
Did it already.
Got NOTHING.
Got NO help at all.
The ONE I NEED to help (Cryptic Studios) is refusing to help. I've contacted Billing Support as directed. Got NOTHING. If they are going to direct you to contact them, they NEED to do their part and respond.
Quote:
I was feeling excessively nice, so I confirmed, you do indeed have no retail key or sub setup. You will have to do that first.
How many times did you try inputting the key? Because They aren't going to just give you a key because you say yours doesn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Did it already.
Got NOTHING.
Got NO help at all.
Please post the list of activated products in your account page.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Log In
02-21-2010, 12:26 PM
WELL I HAVE THE SAME THING I CAN,T GET ON I PLAY FOR 3 DAYS THEN IT WOULDN,T LET ME ON THEN IT LET ME PLAY FOR TWO DAYS AND NOE I CAN,T PLAY AT ALL FOR THE LAST 6 DAYS NOW I HAVE DONE EVERY THING I HAVE READ AND STILL HAVEING THE SAME THINE THAT .. I AM NOT AOLLOW TO LOD IN A THIS TIME.... Y IS THAT I AHVE SENT TICKIES AND EVERY DAY AN NO WANT HAVE FIX IT HOW COME I PAY 54.OO DOLLARS FOR THIS GAME TO GIVE TO DO ... IAM ADISABLE VETERAN ON AFIX INCOME AND YOU CAN EVEN FIX THE GAME SO WE CAME PLAY YOU TILL TUESDAY TO FIX OR GIVE BACK MY MONEY I AM TIRE OF THIS CRAPE PLZZ FIX IT
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Did it already.
Got NOTHING.
Got NO help at all.
DragunWulf, did you even read what CodeRanger posted, in YOUR thread? I quoted it up above. Here, I'll quote it again:

Quote: