Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
when you can just shoot feds all day long

way more fun! and productive ( helps Tissue companies make money)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 03:17 AM
Well back when I reach RA on my fed I wanted klingon pve because it would encourage more feds to go play a klingon.

Many people just dont want to pvp all the way to t5, so klingon just isnt appealing atm.

I rolled a klingon toon, because there was nothing else to do... As a RA fed I found nothing to do other then deepspace encounters, pvp and exploration missions. Deespace encounters and exploration missions get boring and the pvp qeues took forever to get into them and when one finally popped there would be only 1 klingon...

At first the prospect of pvp all the way to t5 seemed unnappealing, but i figured "If there is nothing else to do, and I want to pvp might as well roll a klingon."

And I have to say after to getting my klingon to t3 I am actually finding it kind of fun and have no problem pvping all the way to t5.

However, their is still a population imbalance, which effects Feds pvp wait times, so it only stands to reason that by getting more people to play klingon would help alleviate those issue's.

And the only way I can think of, of getting more people to play klingon, is to put in more pve content, so that people that are skeptical of pvping all the way to t5 or just dont want to pvp as a way to level, might actually want to roll a klingon.

Either that or they could make leveling a klingon through pvp faster lol. But leveling is pretty fast as is...

Adding in pve content for klingons is more to help feds IMO then to help klingons.

On a side note, their is also a possibility that by adding in more pve content for klingons it will reduce the number of skilled klingon players, because rather then honing their skills all the way to t5, they could pve and then not be as skilled in pvp than someone who just did pvp all the way. Another plus to feds.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2010, 03:31 AM
Because Cryptic sucks at pvp systems, and having your main locked into doing ONLY pvp is such a laughably bad idea when you consider their track record.

Basically, when they do something stupid and 'break' pvp for weeks, it'd be nice to be able to do something else while they fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2010, 03:36 AM
Because there is no point to our PvP ? Regardless of whether we win or lose nothing changes, nothing is affected. If PvP had some consequences, such as: sector control, ability bonuses,vendor bonuses, access to space stations/colonies than you could make an argument that PvP is sufficient for Klingons. As it stands PvP doesn't have any long term appeal.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2010, 04:02 AM
Nobody is going to play ARENA PVP over and over.

2 Arenas - Cracked Planetoid and Solar Wind.
I sometimes mix in the Ground PvP maps.

There are other modes, but they are not accepted that much.

We could make use of some more interesting PvP modes, like a Fleet Action kind of open PvP battleground or other things.

Then there is the issue that not everyone likes PvP. And still want to play a Klingon. There are also PvP players who like engaging PvE.

The Klingon Empire can provide about as much story as the Federation. Just play the ages old Star Fleet Command series, and you can see what fascinating campaigns they created for Federation, Klingons, Romulans - in a way the ages old game Star Fleet Command III has more and better story / content that Star Trek Online has today.

Even Guild Wars did not managed to entice the majority of players to play too much PvP before the more casual and larger scale pvp modes came into play. Small arena pvp is not enough to keep a lot of people entertained for ages, and for sure not in a subscription based game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2010, 04:02 AM
Because 8 Klingons vs 1 Fed is only fun for so long?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2010, 04:26 AM
Well those that complain pvp sucks, look at ******** when it was first releases...

What was the pvp? Oh right world pvp... it took them 6months to put in battleground and even then they only had 3 battlegrounds...
And Arena was only added in during TBC release if I remember correctly...

I know comparing mmo's is a waste of time... but come on... do you expect the pvp system to be 100% at launch?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-20-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcurl
Because 8 Klingons vs 1 Fed is only fun for so long?
QFT that is the biggest part of it... I created a klingon partially because I wanted to help ellieviate pvp times... and I create one and half the time its chase 3 feds around the map... maybe 1 out of maybe 15 do you find a match where feds have 5 people and are actually working together...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-20-2010, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amialis View Post
Well those that complain pvp sucks, look at ******** when it was first releases...

What was the pvp? Oh right world pvp... it took them 6months to put in battleground and even then they only had 3 battlegrounds...
And Arena was only added in during TBC release if I remember correctly...

I know comparing mmo's is a waste of time... but come on... do you expect the pvp system to be 100% at launch?
How does 'how WoW was at launch' affect this game in the slightest?

You're right, comparing MMOs is a waste of time. I'm not playing this one instead of WoW at launch, I'm playing this one instead of WoW now, or global agenda, or ****, or WAR, or Mass Effect, or Bioshock.....

This game needs to stand on it's own merits, not 'it's only as bad as another game was several years ago'.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-20-2010, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
How does 'how WoW was at launch' affect this game in the slightest?

You're right, comparing MMOs is a waste of time. I'm not playing this one instead of WoW at launch, I'm playing this one instead of WoW now, or global agenda, or ****, or WAR, or Mass Effect, or Bioshock.....

This game needs to stand on it's own merits, not 'it's only as bad as another game was several years ago'.
And hopefully in time it will, but asking for a pvp system, in a pve game no less, that is more then rudimentry at the start is kind of silly to me.

People complaining their is no fleet action pvp, no less then a few weeks after release, is kind of silly as well.

If anything before adding in more pvp varieties they have to address the pvp queuing system that causes many teams to become incomplete at the start, as well as finding a way to address the population imabalance.
If these arent adressed it doesnt matter what pvp varieties they have...