Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Fed Adv T2?
02-20-2010, 05:25 AM
First of all i'd like to say.. whoever came up with federation having the advantage in T2 is a fool. Klingons are just impossible to beat. I play an escort, i'm ALWAYS targeted first and usually die before getting a shot off to anything. The random groups make it impossible for federation to work together more so than klingon, because klingons are all piloting the same kind of dps ship. They just pick us off and because they are ALL dps there is nothing we can do about it except try to kill one at least. Even so everytime I am about to kill one they just disappear, not jam sensors but somebody told me something about "battle cloak" and I'm horrified... If my escort had any sort of stealth i'd be op, so why don't people see that the klingons having stealth in dps ships is op.

Don't take this as trolling, i'm just very unhappy with the way that people seem to think its balanced when it's clearly not. I'm usually stuck in a team of incompetent players which also makes a large difference, but 1v1 in my escort vs a klingon BoP the BoP SHOULD win every time due to stealth. Same with 5v5 when half of the federation are in tank ships.

I've also played as klingon in T1 and notice that klingons have a stupidly big advantage. But i've been told that it balances out in T2 through T5 but i'm just not seeing it that way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-20-2010, 05:38 AM
Qq ................
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-20-2010, 05:45 AM
It's not QQ. And since theres almost never a science ship with random groups and people don't know how to play this makes klingons cloak even more of an advantage.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-20-2010, 05:57 AM
so you want game to be balanced around people who have no idea what they are doing?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonauac
It's not QQ. And since theres almost never a science ship with random groups and people don't know how to play this makes klingons cloak even more of an advantage.
So, you want it so a clueless team of Fed players can beat an good team of Klingons (in T2 Klingons have played a LOT of PvP matches, it would be logical that they are generally better skilled than the Feds), what happens when a good team of Feds roll out?

As it is now, a decent team of Feds will steamroll almost any Klingon team in T2..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonauac
First of all i'd like to say.. whoever came up with federation having the advantage in T2 is a fool. Klingons are just impossible to beat. I play an escort, i'm ALWAYS targeted first and usually die before getting a shot off to anything. The random groups make it impossible for federation to work together more so than klingon, because klingons are all piloting the same kind of dps ship. They just pick us off and because they are ALL dps there is nothing we can do about it except try to kill one at least. Even so everytime I am about to kill one they just disappear, not jam sensors but somebody told me something about "battle cloak" and I'm horrified... If my escort had any sort of stealth i'd be op, so why don't people see that the klingons having stealth in dps ships is op.

Don't take this as trolling, i'm just very unhappy with the way that people seem to think its balanced when it's clearly not. I'm usually stuck in a team of incompetent players which also makes a large difference, but 1v1 in my escort vs a klingon BoP the BoP SHOULD win every time due to stealth. Same with 5v5 when half of the federation are in tank ships.

I've also played as klingon in T1 and notice that klingons have a stupidly big advantage. But i've been told that it balances out in T2 through T5 but i'm just not seeing it that way.
Random thoughts incoming:
You're the highest dps, lowest durability ship there and you're surprised you get alpha striked?
Not everyone in T2 runs a BoP, Klingons have no tier 2 science or engineering ship - the BoP has universal BO slots but not console slots
If you can't kill a BoP with focus fire in the 20secs before combat cloak comes up (or the 3 seconds unshielded when they trigger it) you've got bigger problems
If you're stuck with a team of incompetant players, surely that's more of a reason
1v1 against your escort a klingon BoP may win, thanks to turn rate more then stealth
Those federation "tank" ships could easily be support cruisers, which is what I run fed side
T1 Klingons come into PvP with full PvP gear and a much more maneuverable ship, T2 has feds with all 3 ship types and a lot more possibilities for supporting each other
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-20-2010, 06:26 AM
If you are always targeted, and always die..you havent learned the lesson enough.

I would recommend trying to use emergency power to engines I, and at the start of the engagement just wait for first disruptor bolts, then hit the EP-E + evasive action and take distance and make a loop so you are back in combat. Enemies will target someone else and you are free to fry any bop you see.

Dont even try to "tank" the alpha strike, it wont work...RUN!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-20-2010, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the replies. I guess i'm just annoyed because I keep getting stuck with an incompetent team and the fact that i'm in a fragile ship and I don't have anything like cloak to protect myself. It'd be good if they would add a type of cloak to fed side for escorts at least. ATM I don't see any downside to BoPs cloak.

Quote:
so you want game to be balanced around people who have no idea what they are doing?
I know what i'm doing but I can't "do" anything if I get targeted first and die before being able to shoot off at any one enemy. Besides stop being such an ass, you had no idea whether i'm good or bad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-20-2010, 06:32 AM
iF you know, you will be targeted, and wont be able to shoot back, than for the spocks sake ruuuuuun and make a loop back.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonauac
First of all i'd like to say.. whoever came up with federation having the advantage in T2 is a fool. Klingons are just impossible to beat. I play an escort, i'm ALWAYS targeted first and usually die before getting a shot off to anything. The random groups make it impossible for federation to work together more so than klingon, because klingons are all piloting the same kind of dps ship. They just pick us off and because they are ALL dps there is nothing we can do about it except try to kill one at least. Even so everytime I am about to kill one they just disappear, not jam sensors but somebody told me something about "battle cloak" and I'm horrified... If my escort had any sort of stealth i'd be op, so why don't people see that the klingons having stealth in dps ships is op.

Don't take this as trolling, i'm just very unhappy with the way that people seem to think its balanced when it's clearly not. I'm usually stuck in a team of incompetent players which also makes a large difference, but 1v1 in my escort vs a klingon BoP the BoP SHOULD win every time due to stealth. Same with 5v5 when half of the federation are in tank ships.

I've also played as klingon in T1 and notice that klingons have a stupidly big advantage. But i've been told that it balances out in T2 through T5 but i'm just not seeing it that way.
You're bringing the wrong weapon to the fight, period. Adapt to the challenge, don't cry that the challenge is impossible due to your incorrect choices.

The KDF has better 'escorts' than fed does. Playing them escort vs escort is throwing the game away.

That said, you don't 'play an escort.' You're a captain choosing to fly an escort into a hostile engagement. When you start choosing to fly a sci ship or cruiser into that same engagement, you'll still be a captain choosing - but now you'll be playing to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonauac
I know what i'm doing but I can't "do" anything if I get targeted first and die before being able to shoot off at any one enemy. Besides stop being such an ass, you had no idea whether i'm good or bad.
Well, the good players don't qq here, so - draw your own conclusions.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:29 AM.